How bad is this

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How bad is this

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

retrospect
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 9:01 pm #65747
    How bad is this

So i met this girl
    Over the summer
    And i really like her. Im a very shy person when it comes to topics like this,
    And it is hard to express
    My feelings. We have two classes together, and we are the only ones in our grade. My friend told her i like her somehow and she asked
    Me. I admitted I did and she relied :)okay
    I asked how she felt and she said she just wanted to be friends

We kept talking and she eventually told me she
    Liked me in the summer but i hadnt done anything so she started thinking of friends and doesnt
    Want to ruin the friendship now

We have been snapchatting today like normal but i had a hard time starting it out and generally getting through the day, because this is basically the first girl i have liked
    And i got what some people call friendzoned

It hurts, is there
    Any chance we would be able to step it up?

Thank you

AlexHg657
    Participant
    October 13, 2014 at 9:35 am #65749

I would say probably a chance. The interest was there at one point, it may still linger in someway. Friends for now isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Clem23
    Participant
    October 13, 2014 at 1:43 pm #65787

I think there is still a chance. It never happenned to me that I lost interest in a guy so fast. I think what shes means is that she cares about you and you becoming friends changed the parameters, but I don’t see this as a bad thing. It’s a good thing to be friends before dating in my opinion. So, keep getting to know her, be careful not to be too friendly (don’t become one of her girl friends… withdraw sometimes, don’t be availabe for her 24 hours a day). Maybe she’ll realize her interest didn’t fade away. If not, then her interest was very superficial, in that case why bothering. You’ll meet plenty of other girls…. (about that, start meeting new girls already, maybe this will help her not taking you for granted)

erizzle30
    Participant
    October 14, 2014 at 8:35 am #65868

I would continue the friendship and see where it leads. But don’t be afraid to see other girls. If the girl your interested in, at one point was also interested in you, more than likely she is still into you as well. You never know where things will go. Sometimes it is better let things progress over time. Maybe she is feeling the same way too, wondering if there is a chance. I wouldn’t give up just yet, and if it doesn’t lead to anything more than you can bet having a best friend for a lifetime could be a better lasting relationship for all parties involved. And it can also help you in future relationships because having a best friend of the opposite sex can really give you some insight in their perspective. Best of wishes to you.

j2468
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 12:31 am #65951

i think since she has had feelings before, then it is possible for these feelings to come back. remain friends with her but try not to be overbearing or pushy – in a romantic/ flirty sense. Just act as you did during the time she said she had feelings for you. I am not one to play games, but maybe if she sees you talking to another girl she may get jealous or realize that she does have feelings for you (you have to be very careful about this and make sure you hurt no ones feelings in the process)

atearfilledgrey
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 2:01 pm #66023

Yes the friend zone does suck! But maybe eventually something will come up! I mean I’ve been saying my best friend for 8 years and I mean I still have my doubts bc of how our relationship is! Like he doesn’t like saying I love u, or even being affectionate towards Me bc it’s weird to him even after 8 years! :-\ yes I am happy but I don’t really ever feel like he loves me bc it’s awkward for him to show me that.. so if u want to feel loved u want to find someone who won’t make u feel like he’s only with u bc he doesn’t want to have to do the relationship thing again…:'(