How badly did I blow it with this girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    October 9, 2015 at 8:50 pm #86758

Talked to this girl a little bit after class a couple time for like the past two weeks. First, time I asked for her numbr she was like no gotta get to know you better first but she kept talking to me so I was like ok lets see how this rolls. And then today I decided to email her this on her student email cause I don’t use facebook and I don’t have her number and I know she will check her email..
    “Hey whats up [girls name]… I was thinking about it and you should give me your number. So, email me your number. I know an email is kinda weak but I don’t use facebook and I like you so we need to hang and we need to talk and we need to have fun. Listen worse comes to worse we just end up really good friends I promise. Like what im saying is why wait any longer for the world to begin you can have your cake and eat it too… know what I mean”

Yeah she hasn’t gotton back to me and I don’t think shes gonna hahaa. That last line is a Bob Dylan song quote I threw it on the bonfire for fun.

anothermatt
    Participant
    October 10, 2015 at 11:25 pm #86763

I don’t know, man. The fact that she said she needed to get to know you better, but then didn’t take any steps to make that happen isn’t a good sign. Also, saying we need to do this and need to do that, when she’s already asked you to pump the brakes, comes across as pushy. The it about just being friends is obviously not honest; you’re clearly interested in her as more than a friend, and saying you promise just makes it sound desperate. Sorry, man, but this one sounds like a write off

BigPwr4
    Participant
    October 12, 2015 at 10:38 am #86809

I have had similar experiences myself. I am still confused about it.

ginger237
    Participant
    October 15, 2015 at 1:18 am #86899

Honestly, that wouldnt be my play I would’ve just said hi and smiled at her no words. Make it a game let her chase you now. If she likes you she will otherwise onto the next. When you meet a girl you want to be fun and smiling. You want them to be like why is this guy smiling, what’s going on in his life that’s so awesome. Good luck

Anonymous
    October 15, 2015 at 12:26 pm #86913

hmmm i am confused

dougla
    Participant
    October 15, 2015 at 10:28 pm #86935

………..

km_088
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 2:26 am #86938

To me it seems to be too pushy and it sorta makes me think that you’re a bit desperate about her…which is of course normal, but why to show it her 🙂
    I’d better look forward the options to spend time with her in person – from what i understand, you see her at least sometimes at school? Try to find a way to get to her, but not this pushy way….perhaps you’ll find out she’s not that dreamy person you probably think she is, perhaps she’ll find out, that you’re the right 🙂 anyway good luck with her!

tstudent
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 3:18 am #86945

In my opinion, it seems a bit desperate to send her an email, especially when she “doesn’t know you well enough” to give her phone number. If you have a chance to talk to her face to face, that would be much better. Also, why is that number so important? You could just ask her if she’d like to hang out with you after school next time you see her.

JMP718
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 3:58 pm #87002

It does seem a little bit desperate. But I think it is still salvageable. I would talk to her in person and perhaps ask maybe to start over.