How badly did I screw up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How badly did I screw up

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

problemchild
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 12:19 pm #136273
    How badly did I screw up

So I just started seeing this girl and things were going great. Like super great. Except that she is moving away in a month. But that’s not the issue here.

I was at her workplace last night when another girl who is obsessed with me would not leave me alone. It was an effort to get her to disengage, and my new girl saw it. Later she texted me that she thought there was some overlap, which there wasn’t.

I texted that back to her, and had a brief, but not amazing text conversation. Suddenly there was a weight to the exchange that wasn’t there before. I explained that I would rather talk in person than on text, but reassured her that I don’t play those kind of games.

Then this morning, I was texting with a friend who lives out of state about how the night went, and I wanted to send him a screenshot of the text messages she and I had exchanged last night to get a more objective sense of the vibe.

Well, I took the screen shot and sent it to the girl I had been texting. Now what?

problemchild
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 2:31 pm #136300

For what it’s worth, this is what I did. I sent a follow up text that said this:

“Hey listen. Just wanted to write because last night was embarrassing. I thought you should know there’s been no overlap. But more than that, I wanted to explain that screenshot I sent you. I felt like you might have been hurt, and I was feeling shitty about it, so I was trying to get a female friends opinion, and I sent it to you by accident. Someone should shoot me in the phone.

That’s really all. I don’t know if that’s necessary, but I just didn’t want you wondering what the fuck, cause I would have been.

I still think you are great. I have my moments, but I am also apparently an idiot.”

Still would love to know people’s opinions.

Redangel
    Participant
    May 13, 2017 at 12:19 am #136360

Sorry buddy but if she doesn’t accept your apology i don’t think there’s much you can do. You know where she works send her some flowers or something with an apology note. Something more then just a text. Being a female iv had guys do pretty messed up things to me including leave me on the side of the road at 2 am to walk home 🙄 but they apologized and we are still friends. If she doesn’t forgive you for that small of a thing then she really wasn’t that into you.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 13, 2017 at 1:15 pm #136369

I do agree with Redangel. I would definitely send her flowers with an apology note. You did not do anything wrong, all you was doing was trying to get advice. I think if she really loved you she would have overlooked it. I hope it works out.

BrandonCodi
    Participant
    May 14, 2017 at 2:00 pm #136384

She might also have a fear of being cheated on, I know a lot of girls who are super scared of talking to guys and the ones they do talk to they are very paranoid about them even tho they are nice guys. This could be out of your control but if you could somehow call her or even leave a voice mail. If you wanted to but I think its time to move on if she wont reply its normally over. move on talk to other girls and send her a message in 2 weeks and start over again.

adams_max
    Participant
    May 14, 2017 at 3:33 pm #136388

If she’s into you and not paranoid, she would understand. Try to talk face to face. And your intentions were pure, so if she truly likes you, she wouldn’t mind.

problemchild
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 8:48 am #136448

Hey all. Thanks for the insight. So I just went with the talk face to face and be sincere option, no flowers. It went incredibly well. It was sooner than I expected to have this kind of conversation, but it was easy. I suppose everyone has a fear of being cheated on on some level, but I don’t think that’s what was up here. She and I are really new, like new enough to have no label or anything. If one of us were to have slept with someone else, I’m not even sure it would have been cheating as much as it would have been just opting out of being anything more than a couple people who had been hooking up passionately for a few weeks. After that conversation, I think that is no longer quite the case. In a weird way, I think it moved things along. It was light and it was easy and holy cow I am falling for this girl. I was not expecting it, but it’s great. Except for the moving part. That stinks. But thanks so much everyone. It helped a lot having people listen and weigh in.