How can I either put closure or get this thing going if it's going to go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cashley
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 3:42 pm #86265

I’ve been dating someone on and off for about 7 months. He’s 57 and I’m 48. We tend to have our own lives and I want more. He is an attorney and I’m in mgmt not quite as glamorous as his. I’m financially struggling and don’t want him to know that about me. He is truly the most gentleman I’ve ever had in my life, opens all doors, puts me first, brings coffee in bed and much more unselfish things. We use to go out couple times a week dinner, movies etc.. we lost that connection along the way (mostly because I was was insecure and suspicious of his loyalty, when he said we wanted to be exclusive I took it seriously but when he didnt come home one night I called him on it, he denied and it put a damper on our relationship, trust is big for him and it’s not been the same since. We still keep in touch through texting a couple times a week about really nothing.. I knows he’s not seriously seeing anyone and I’m not either. How do I break the ice to get this thing going if it’s going to go?

BrainyHipster
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 5:36 pm #86273

Be upfront and just tell him. Invite him over your place or ask to come to his and talk it out. Maybe it’s not over but it deft sounds like you guys need to talk. Your both adults. Handle it as such. Communication is key. Good luck

cashley
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 8:56 am #86329

Thank you and I just need to stop being intimidated and just make that talk happen, there’s been plenty of open conversations for it and I know there will be another and this time I won’t sweep under rug.

agoodusername
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 11:10 am #86338

Texting a few times a week doesn’t seem like people in a real relationship would do, let alone people over the age of like 25. I agree w/ Brainy. You need to talk it out. Good luck!