How can I know for sure if my best friend feels something for me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cecilycardew91
    Participant
    May 6, 2017 at 11:21 am #135618

A week ago I slept with my best friend. He broke up two months ago with his girlfriend and we began to see each other very often. We kept hang out almost every day and I tried to support him in this tough period. one night, we were both drunk, we kissed, but the next day we decided to stay friend and we agreed to not let that happen again. Unfortunately two weeks later we were at a concert and we almost slept together, he kept telling me that that would me something, that he has a feeling, he is not a machine… but the next day we didn’t talk about that, and instead we have lunch with our other friends like nothing happened.
    All the other times we saw each other he keeps touching me and telling me nice things, he even texted me like I was his girlfriend, like if he wanted to seduce me.
    Last week when we slept together we were coming home from a party and we were both drunk, he woke up the day after telling me that it was fantastic and we kept touching. the next night he called me at 5 a.m. t

cecilycardew91
    Participant
    May 6, 2017 at 11:22 am #135619

telling me that he didn’t know what to think, he is single and he hasn’t the strenght to rationalize this situation at the moment.. but he asked me if I want go with him at the beach, just the two of us and stay togethet all day, I said no because I felt bad about the day before and because I’m really feeling something for him now.
    After two days I understand from one of his friends that he considers me like a friend, that he truly love me but just as a friend and that he care about me so much that when he is drunk he can’t keep his hands.
    But with me he is very different, I can see that he feels something, just I don’t have the courage to ask directly because I fear a rejection.

In addition he is jeloaus and keeps try to find ways to talk with me when we are with other people.

What I should do to understand him?

LeoMoon65
    LeoMoon65
    Participant
    May 8, 2017 at 6:13 am #135641

Sounds to me like he wants his cake and eat it, unfortunately. In other words, friends with benefits. He has only just come out of one relationship, probably doesn’t like to be alone. You are around, he knows you. He clearly likes you but isn’t up for having a relationship.
    When you end up sleeping with him, and he just treats you like a friend the next day, that feeling isn’t a good one.
    My advice, make yourself your priority. You deserve a loving relationship with a guy who adores you, wants you, only you. In order to have that, start generating that feeling about yourself, you are worth way more than this guy is giving you. Be your own loving partner. This might sound weird but it means things like – buying flowers for yourself, speaking to yourself in a really loving, nurturing way.
    With this guy, I would be cool with him. Hang around with the group of friends etc but when he starts to get you alone etc just say you’re not interested in Friends with benefits.

LeoMoon65
    LeoMoon65
    Participant
    May 8, 2017 at 6:14 am #135642

continued….

if he really likes you, is really interested in something with you, he will pursue you without sex.

good luck
    Jx