How can I reestablish connection with old flame?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

faulkner
    faulkner
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 8:42 pm #95016

Hey guys, first time posting here and thanks for listening.

So last year my friend at my college (Haley) brought her friend from high school (Rey) up to visit, I got s chance to have lunch with them and met her. We became friends over social media over the summer. We would occasionally like each other’s pics / tweets frequently and found out that she is going to college in my hometown! (Which is an hour away from my college) When school started back up I messaged her saying if she would like to be shown around the town and grab something to eat, she said yes excitedly and we went out. It was a solid date, she laughed at my jokes, we had some things in common and we got to know each other more. Although the date went smoothly, I wish I would have capitalized on some of the moments, like when I dropped her off I didn’t get out of the car and walked her to her dorm, I just pulled up to the curb and said “I had a great time, glad you could make it, see ya!” (See more in the comments)

faulkner
    faulkner
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 8:46 pm #95017

We texted for a short time after, and asked her out twice more, but both times she had legitimate plans and couldn’t make it. She didn’t suggest alternate dates and she took hours (even days) to text back, and we haven’t texted since. I have theorized a reason why she apparently “lost interest”; our mutual friend didn’t know we were meeting up and I texted Haley a picture of us eating just to surprise her. I think Rey took it the wrong way and saw it as trying to get her jealous (which wasn’t the intention!)

It’s been 6 months since then and I’ve tried moving on, but the feeling keeps coming back. I would love to try again but what’s pulling me back is this feeling that I can’t repair what’s already happened. Our social media interaction has fizzled out and she’s become incredibly enigmatic and mysterious. Although you might say “she’s lost interest” or “you need to move on”. I feel like texting out of the blue would be weird. What are your thoughts / suggestions? Thank you so much!

laura
    laura
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 10:54 pm #95051

I’m confused about the Rey, Haley and jealousy part.
    If you really still like her and want to see if she is still willing to go out with you, why don’t you send her flowers with a note saying you miss her and have been thinking about her a lot and would she like to go out to dinner when she is available? Hope to hear from you soon! Faulkner
    If she doesn’t respond…you have to move on. Good luck!