How can I tell she is also interested on me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Moltoxcat
    Moltoxcat
    Participant
    June 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm #55364

Hi, everyone, thank you for spending your time to help me.

I am 29 years old guy and trying to date a girl in my lab (she is 26). We got into the lab in the same year and I had a crush on her on the first day. But I know she has a boyfriend and feel it’s not correct to interrupt their relationship. Recently, I hear that she breaks up with that guy and looks for a new one. So I invited her to watch a movie with me last weekend. We have a dinner together and I feel the aura is still good. She knows I like collecting vinyl records and tells me that she will go to the record store with me next time and buy a record for me as a return. Due to the cultural differences (I am Chinese from China and she is American Hispanic) and my pathetic limited dating experience, (Yes, I spent most of my time in study), I don’t know how to tell whether she is also interested on me or not. Also, I am really afraid of losing her. So what should I do in the next step?

Ah,Character limitation…

Anonymous
    June 15, 2014 at 12:17 am #55368

hello! My first suggestion is to just take a breathe and relax a bit. You are afraid of losing something you are not even sure you have yet. Fear can mess all kinds of things up. So the first thing I usually help people with when they are dating, is how to deal with loss. If you have a really good handle on being okay to be rejected, the fear of rejection won’t control you. When fear is present in a situation, it’s very hard to see everything clearly. For example, this fear of losing her is clouding your mind from the truth that you hardly know her. You have been on 1 date. It takes a lot longer than that to get to know someone, the good and the not so good side of them, to really make sure they match you well. So first and foremost, don’t be willing to hand over your heart to her without knowing that she can even take care of it very well! Although you do not have a ton of experience dating, this is how it happens. You just walk through each experience NOT ATTACHED to the

Anonymous
    June 15, 2014 at 12:24 am #55369

end result, but truly just enjoying and learning during the process of it. I get that you like her AND she is not better than you. You are acting like you would be sooooo lucky if she chose you and that’s it. Well…..where are you thinking the other half of that??? that she would be sooooooo lucky if you chose her??? Do not put her on a pedestal. She is just as human as the rest of us, with all kinds of lame as things going on in her mind. So stop worrying about if you will lose her or if she even likes you. Just be you…time spent together will reveal all the answers you need. The point is to just have fun the process and learn! Let go of the stress about all of it and realize these are great moments to learn about yourself, what works and what doesn’t work, what you like and don’t like and facing all the fears that come up. She, as well as most women, will appreciate that much more! You will come across as much more confident!!!! Good luck!

rimiahuja
    rimiahuja
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 1:15 pm #55856

I would like to say talk straight to her.

hmrwilliams
    hmrwilliams
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 6:50 pm #55857

I would suggest not coming on too strong, but you definitely want to talk to her. If you beat around the bush too much she may get the idea that YOU aren’t into HER. This may lead her to getting another boyfriend which would be horrible for you. Don’t panic and let her know that you care for her. Good luck!

Youngen
    Participant
    June 22, 2014 at 11:05 pm #55893

Press on brother. It might be too early to tell but if you hesitate you could very well end up losing her. Carpe Diem!

zach215
    Participant
    June 23, 2014 at 3:35 am #55927

Kepep your head up my man

Moltoxcat
    Moltoxcat
    Participant
    June 23, 2014 at 11:01 pm #56009

Thanks all my friends. Yours suggestions are really helpful.

I plan to slow down the pace a little bit. But I will find a proper time to let her know my feeling for her.

Appreciate it again 🙂

sierrapii
    Participant
    June 28, 2014 at 10:27 am #56547

Talk to her more! Don’t be afraid to make it clear that you’re interested in her, if you’re upfront and she seems to like you, there’s no way she would say no. Make sure you are clear with your intentions that you want to be more than friends though, or she may get the wrong impression.