How do extremely shy guys act when they like a girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

serafinavicchomagio
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 1:56 pm #90801

Is it normal for a extremely shy guy to almoat ignore the girl barely be able to make any eye contact and only say short 1 word answers when spoken to? Have wondered if hes just not interest or if hes just so shy that he ends up acting like hes not interested. And hes extremely shy and quite with everyone not just me so its hard fore to tell everyone notices how quite he is almost like hes scared to talk to people. I always smile and say hi to him he will say hi to me if he happens to see me looking at him otherwise he will stare at the floor. Im interested in him but hes so shy sometimes i think should i ignore him but if hes that shy should i continue to small talk till i break the ice. I also wondered if its a culture thing with him hes from morocco. Idk any advice would help

TheBigO
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 6:57 pm #90972

Hey!
    Being a shy guy myself I can tell you that just because he is seeming quiet around you DOES NOT mean he is not interested. What shy guys tend to do is wait for the girl to initiate things rather than doing it themselves. Trust me I do this all the time. This guy seems especially shy, but what you should do is ask him out. I know it may seem weird, but if he is too shy to talk to you a lot, than he is definitely too shy to ask you out. If he says yes, do something that gives you guys an opportunity to talk, because the main goal is to crack his shell. A shy guy usually acts shy around people he doesn’t know so well, but REALLY sociable around people that he does. If you manage to crack into this group of people, you will have a guy that likes you a lot. And if he says no, so what. Move on and meet someone new 🙂
    Good luck.

serafinavicchomagio
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 12:06 pm #91016

Thank you allot of times when i jappen to not see him around or he doesnt talk to me i right away think negative and think hes not interested but why. And i am always the one to take the initiative and try to talk to him first but its always small talk because he doesnt say much its all short one word answers yes, no everythings good etc. So i find myself asking him 99 questions trying to conversate and usually when i see him hes on his way back from break or something so i dont know if maybe he just doesnt have time to chat etc. One of my friends said maybe i make him nervous and hes always at a loss for words but i dont see how im making him nervous.

serafinavicchomagio
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 9:19 am #91068

Just today i tried talking to him i cant tell if his body language is that he doesnt want to talk to hes real nervous he doesnt say much cant seem to stand still the whole time its like hes not sure what to say and almost like he tries to walk away but he hesitates and im like is he nervous or just doesnt want to talk

serafinavicchomagio
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 9:20 am #91093

Im beginning to feel discouraged every time i talk to him about anything all he says are 1 word short answers then he tries to walk away and i figure even if he is painfully shy if he were interested i would probably see him pop up around often or catch him gazing at me and ive seen none of that so for whatever reason im thinking hes not interested in me im not sure why not sure what i did

Anonymous
    January 14, 2016 at 9:00 pm #91707

Just out of curiosity….why are you interested in a guy who cannot even have a conversation with you?? How do you know you even like him if he only gives you 1 word answers?? Not sure what kind of dating or relationship you think you can have with him if he is not social. And yes, his culture views woman very differently than here. I will not go into it here as there is a lot to consider, but I would suggest doing some research on their social structure and views as they are different. Maybe understanding his culture will give you insight as to how to approach him differently. They also tend to be VERY strong family units, so anything that happens with him happens with his family (generally speaking). Either way, someone that “shy” could also be dealing with EXTREMELY strong parents at home who do not allow him to speak his mind. It also depends if he is first generation here or how many generations have been here. Bottom line, there is most likely a lot going on in his mind

Anonymous
    January 14, 2016 at 9:03 pm #91708

and I am willing to bet he is EXTREMELY perceptive…but has an incredible internal world going on. You can’t really go somewhere with someone who will not let you in….so maybe consider letting go and let him be who he needs to be. Accept his quietness and just be quiet with him and maybe at some point he will open a little more. Then you can get to know him better and then decide if you even like him at that point. Besides, dating is so much more fun with someone who makes us laugh, feel beautiful, someone we have fun with!!! Doesn’t sound like this guy is ready for that!

CremBrule
    Participant
    January 23, 2016 at 11:57 pm #92026

Myself, I’m a weird “type” of shy. I’m pretty shy to anyone I don’t know, and when I do know someone, I’ll portray my normal “crazy” and “undiagnosed A.D.H.D.” mood. I have a crush, and when she walks next to me and brings up conversations in the hall with me, I generally try to be calm, yet funny, and definitely seem confident although not knowing her as much as the people I’m used to talking to on a daily basis.

Anonymous
    January 30, 2016 at 1:46 pm #92470

Hey, you might want to check this app, it’s exactly for such shy guys like you. The app starts the conversation for you. Have a great day! 🙂 https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1071823049

jhs2lq
    Participant
    January 30, 2016 at 3:18 pm #92476
    Reply To: How do extremely shy guys act when they like a girl?

I’m a shy guy and i always stumble with my words when I am talking to the girl i really like

littlelady34
    Participant
    January 30, 2016 at 8:04 pm #92482
    Reply To: How do extremely shy guys act when they like a girl?

Sounds a little like my situation, I hope the best for you.