How do I approach the situation of my boyfriend and I having had bad weekend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vivrant__thing
    Participant
    December 3, 2016 at 4:33 pm #118982

My bf and I spent time together last weekend. During this time we got into it quite a bit. I was overzealous about many things and can take ownership for that; my part in it all. When I was Omw back home, he didnt ask that I call him when i got home or even text. It was rather odd, granted he’s extremely considerate usually and would do so. We barely hugged when i left. He was running late for work on Monday and was very flustered and said an upsetting remark to me. We got into about that. When I got home, I removed my ego from the problem and told him that I wish for us to communicate in a way, without him either of us feeling guarded and w/o me being overzealous. I also admitted that, that isn’t necessarily something i know how to do yet. He just sent me a blank face emoji as a text and I felt rejected. Later on the night he explained that our weekend together was stressful and draining for him. He says he’d rather be friends. He wanted to get married but wants to just be friends

gstar
    Participant
    December 11, 2016 at 5:19 pm #119717

Sounds like you need to give him a bit of space to get his thoughts together but you posted this a few days ago so hopefully things are ok now?

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 10:40 am #121222

You are not disclosing too many details, but it looks like your weekend was terrible, and maybe is part of a broken relationship, if you really love each other and wanted to get married, fight for it! Make it happen and fix what needs fixing! But on the other hand, like gstar says, if you’re not that in love and have been fighting for a long time, maybe you should give him some space.

Good luck with this!

lynn
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 9:47 pm #121252

It sounds like he is confused about your relationship. Don’t overthink things. You were an adult about the situation and tried to confront him. Give him space, sometimes that’s all they need. Maybe he is unsure of things or he is thinking of progressing things but is stressed.