How do I approach this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How do I approach this?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 11:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AoristTense
    Participant
    February 26, 2018 at 10:35 pm #166492
    How do I approach this?

I have never dated before. I am still in High School, so sorry in advance if this situation sounds really weird. The basis of my situation is that there is someone in my English class who I know likes me because she told a third party who told me. I think that I like her. However, just recently, she told the third party that “she does not know how to tell me that she likes me and is just going to have to get over me.” I do not know if this means that I should or should not find a way to talk to her. I also do not know if it would be okay for me to go out with her. I have a lot of mental problems that I am trying to deal with right now. I do not necessarily have depression, but fall into moods of apathy all the time and have some suicidal thoughts. I have never tried to kill myself and I am sure that I never will, but I think that my mental problems could be potentially emotionally damaging. I think that it might be selfish for me to be in a relationship. What does everyone else think?