How do I ask/find out what a woman's sex drive is?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

1980alence
    Participant
    November 30, 2014 at 11:06 pm #68391

I have an above average libido, and I’m wondering how to find out if a girl I’m interested in also likes regular/frequent sex. My last gf wanted it like monthly, but it took years to find out the truth. She said she’d always been that way – it wasn’t a problem with us. So is there any way to ask what a girl really wants in that department when you’ve just started dating? Any way to tell otherwise? I want to avoid dating someone for 6+ months just to find out that they don’t really like sex very often, but were trying to hook me into a long term relationship. I’ve had a couple gf’s even admit that they did just that in the past. I don’t dig casual sex much and get easily attached, so it’s a bit of a conundrum for me. I’ve learned that girls purposely cater to a guy’s desires in the beginning then slow down when the relationship gets serious. I’d rather avoid that whole situation and not even get serious with a girl if she doesn’t truly like regular sex.

Any ideas?

layla
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 1:11 pm #68456

I think that in the beginning of any new relationship you have to take it easy and be honest about who you are as a person and what your needs are. I wouldn’t see any problem with bringing it up casually if you’re both comfortable enough and intimate enough in each other’s company. Just aim to be mindful of her previous relationship/sexual history or experiences that she’s related to you already either casually or seriously..it all gives an impression of what her expectations might be. Presumably you’re both consenting adults and so you need to wholly respect the person you’re with and take her lead sometimes as well as talk about what feels right for you. A friend of mine rates sex as really important to her in a relationship and was very open and honest about that with her partner when they originally met. She felt guilty about wanting to make love towards the end of their first date just because she was falling for him so quickly and thought she should wait.