How do I avoid awkward evenings with a girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Frig
    Participant
    January 4, 2017 at 9:23 pm #121770

Hey!
    Allright.. I’ve got this close girl-friend, that I’ve kissed a couple of times, cuddled and slept together with (not as in sex) many times. Thing is.. we enjoy each others company alot when we are with other people, but those few times I’ve invited her over, being just the two of us, we fail to communicate and enjoy the moments.. on top of that, this awkwardness renders me a unable to advance physically and emotionally (except for when I’m drunk hmh..)
    All in all.. I don’t think we have good chemistry unless there’s a catalyst present, if you catch my drift.
    How could I avoid our times together getting awkward?
    Thanks!

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 12:51 am #121774

Just cut her off. I know easier said than done, but its what I’m working on in a similar situation. If we are unable to spend time with the woman without their being sexual tension, but yet the sexual buildup isn’t strong enough on her side (or our side) to lead to things going all the way, what’s the point? Especially if you’re younger, like most posters on here, she’s probably getting in the way of you having a successful relationship with someone else. Just tell her you’re really busy these days with school, work, whatever it is you’ve got going on and back away.

Frig
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 3:23 pm #121902

It’s just that she’s so god damn adorable, if I have a chance to advance with her I’d like to take it. I’ve been and am sexually active with another girl, but there’s something special about this one that I don’t want to miss out on.
    Thanks for replying 🙂

TK186
    TK186
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 5:01 pm #121912

Yeah, I agree with the submission above me. You shouldn’t have to force anything. Hot & Cold between you two shouldn’t depend on any third party influence ( drugs, alcohol, other people, etc.) trust me you want things to be as authentic as possible, that’s how you make things last. You want your relationship to be hot & fiery all on it’s own, the sexual connection will be SO much better.

SN: If you’re still trying to pursue her, DON’T TRY TOO HARD to get her to open up to you. Just keep doing your thing, keep her in the background and if she’s into you she’ll come around. There’s no need to put her on some crazy pedestal, keep your options open.

-TK DeVilla

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 6, 2017 at 8:23 am #121975

Does she know about the other girl? I assume not, but if she does women have to be super into you to get around that. That would explain a lot of awkwardness. If she’s like one of the top three girls you’ve ever met in your life then I think you can throw the rule book in the trash can (except for the fact that you still have to be careful not to appear like a stalker from her viewpoint) but try to get some perspective and see if this isn’t just a strong physical attraction.

If there’s a super strong physical AND mental attraction then I don’t necessarily agree with the people who say there’s plenty of fish in the sea. Still in the end, it’s up to her if she wants to pursue things and there will be others you’re as strongly attracted to, but they don’t come around all the time either.

justadude
    Participant
    January 8, 2017 at 6:35 pm #122164

Maybe she’s waiting for you to make a move?