How do I fix this???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How do I fix this???

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mrube0401
    Participant
    December 1, 2017 at 5:15 am #158171
    How do I fix this???

So I met this guy about 3 months ago and we’ve been talking up to about 3 weeks ago. When both stated that we liked each other and so I think I messed things up because I started to push him about taking things to the next level. He literally texted me everyday and we hung out like 4/7 days of the week then all of the sudden nothing no contact from him. It’s been bothering me so bad that last night I texted him asking what happened and he told me that I was starting to get more clingy, I can see where he’s coming from, but I felt like if 2 people had mutual feelings for each other, I thought things would take another path. So I responded apologizing for it and asked if I could have another chance to make it up to him and he read it. I’m just so confused and I really like him. I would love advice on what I can do to fix it and rekindle what we had.

ijoinedtinder
    Participant
    December 1, 2017 at 3:12 pm #158302

Give him some time – if things go too fast for someone it’s natural for them to want to back off. Give him some space, find something else to occupy your time and he might get back in touch. If not, move on and learn from this

wisconsinretiree
    wisconsinretiree
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 12:02 pm #158349

Tell him you enjoy communicating and would like to remain friends. I think it was nice of him to say you are too clingy. He could have just ghosted you. Now here is the difficult part for you: You have to act and communicate as just friends. Give him room. Let him come to you and if he does not, then just fade away slowly and do not burn the bridge between you. Be kind, but start looking elsewhere.