How do I flirt?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How do I flirt?!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sontine
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 11:56 pm #67301
    How do I flirt?!

So I never thought I could be a cougar and I’m not sure what age difference classifies you as such but I would think 10 years is a start. So I have a regular Starbucks I go to and the barrista that works there occasionally is about 19 or 20 years old and I am super attracted to him. But I’m almost 30 and have a 2 year old. We flirt (I think) whenever I see him but it’s never really gone farther than that and I wonder if he’s into me. So today I went in and got my usual drink and he told me that he has several regulars but I’m the only one whose order he always remembers. Then he said Its because I was special. I just said aww that’s sweet and smiled at him cuz I was kinda stunned. So the question is, does that mean he’s into me? Or was he just being nice? I would like to pursue him but how do I find out for sure without looking like a fool or being rejected? Any ideas on how to hook him?

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 7:18 am #67316

I for one don’t have issues with age gaps with couples. My brother’s wife is 10 years older than him, they began dating when he was 23 and she was 33. Are you looking for a fling, just casual dating and see where it heads?or something more serious? He is only just 19 or 20 so may not want anything super serious but again he could. I say go for it your still young and if you feel there is attraction on both side you might as well give it a try 🙂 You could try the up front approach and while your getting your usual drink and your feeling a bit of sexual tension going on just slip him your number as your paying. I have done this with a bartender before and he loved that I wasn’t afraid to just give him my number. Or maybe you could step up with your flirting and pay him a compliment next time, if he’s had a haircut tell him you love his new hair cut, shows you have been paying him a extra bit of attention too:) Oh and it does sound like he has the hots for you:)

Sontine
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm #67358

Thanks so much for your advice! I am looking for something serious but I did figure with his age he might not be ready for that. I’ve never been good with flirting so its always been hard to tell if someone is with me. Lol. It might take a couple tries but I think I will give your suggestion a try but more are always welcome!