How do I get out of the confusing uncommitted relationship stage?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

zoey
    Participant
    November 20, 2015 at 12:23 am #88787

Alright, I’m looking for advice on how to nudge things from a casual relationship to exploring a more exclusive/long term thing. Right now I’m getting mixed messages from this guy and i’m just confused… How do I broach the topic with him? Do I talk to him? Ask to spend more time together? I’m kinda shy and awkward as it is and although I think it’s possible he likes me I’m also afraid that he doesn’t.

topher25
    Participant
    November 20, 2015 at 10:55 pm #88840

As someone who is also very shy and awkward, i think it would be best to talk to him about it (I need to take my own advice). I’m in a similar situation. Not knowing if the other person is into you can drive you crazy. I would ask him to dinner one night and then maybe afterwards, let him know how you’re feeling. Chances are he may feel the same and he’s afraid to express it as well. I know telling him is easier said than done but if you don’t say something then you never know what might or might not be.

itsmyturn
    Participant
    November 23, 2015 at 7:02 pm #88903

I totally understand! I’m the same way and really hesitated asking (although he had kind of made me feel like it was exclusive I still felt the need to ask). Probably insecurity and shyness…
    But I think you should go for it. It is an awkward conversation to have and, if you’re like me, are afraid you won’t get the answer you want.
    I agree with topher25, ask him to dinner and see how things go. Let him know that you have feelings for him or tell him how much you enjoy spending time with him. That should start the discussion. Good luck

Bobolerigolo
    Participant
    November 23, 2015 at 11:46 pm #88909

Just have a talk and say things to each other, that’s always the only way!

nicegirl
    Participant
    November 27, 2015 at 12:06 am #89034

I think you should spend more time together and maybe just see how it turns out and if he want a relationship with you he will let you know.