How do I go about this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How do I go about this?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

burningpatch
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 3:20 am #66697
    How do I go about this?

Hi there,
    I met this incredible girl at the bar at University the other day for like 10 minutes. And I don’t know why, but I wasn’t just attracted to her; I was like seriously just in awe of her everything. Even after 10 minutes.

Im 18 y.o. Never been in a relationship. Never done anything. Never even kissed a girl. So I am sure you can appreciate how bad I am at this.
    Anyways, I always believed in this idea of love at first sight, and now I’ve experienced it. But I don’t know how to follow through with it. We talked on FaceBook for a little bit (I mean like 30 mins) last night, but I feel stupid messaging her again because I feel like I should talk to her in person. So asking some girls, do you find it annoying when guys try to message you lots?

burningpatch
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 3:21 am #66698

I will be seeing her in around two days when she does her music gig. So essentially what I’m asking is, what do I do? Do I message her before then or wait? And what do I say? In my mind, compliments like “wow you look stunning” seem cheesy and fake to get with a girl for sex. But that’s me. What do girls think when guys say these sorts of things to them?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by  burningpatch.

Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 7:46 pm #66755

First of all, go and make out with someone…..a few people. Get drunk at the bar, and make out! It will take the edge off. I find it more attractive when a guy has experience and probably wouldn’t go for a guy if he had never kissed someone before.

Secondly, it’s good that you have communication with her online. Try and make it fun and exciting for her. Joke about pop culture, bad fashion, anything you think would make her laugh. After all, if you’re going to hang out with someone, you at least want to know it’s going to be a good time. Once you feel comfortable chatting with her, ask for her number and let her know you’re gonna see her show in a couple days…..bring a friend or two. When you see her, you will at least be with friends (and she will be with friends too) so you will both be more comfortable. Have some drinks and see where the conversation leads.

As far as receiving “cheesy” compliments, I think it’s better to ask her questions about herself, and compliment her.

sam1401
    Participant
    October 30, 2014 at 3:06 pm #66852

Take it easy and be yourself. Don’t worry if there is something on the internet that says ”do this, then that, etc”. Do what you feel is natural buddy!

smith1388
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 6:45 pm #66929

I would just do what sam1401 said. Be yourself, but definitely get to know her in person better. Messaging is great for setting up hang outs or dates or confirming plans, but that’s about it. Don’t use messaging as a form a communicate to “get to know each other”. Cause when you do see her in person, there is less to talk about and it feels different because you both almost seem like different people.

fdsa1234
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 10:53 pm #66942

hmm ok