How do I handle this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How do I handle this?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jackson621
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 4:27 pm #85627
    How do I handle this?

I was seeing someone who has been divorced for 6 months. He basically said he likes me, doesn’t not want to have anything to do with me but isn’t in a good place for anyone and would take his ex wife back if she returned. He also acknowledged that in his heart he doesn’t believe they will ever be together again. Just wanted to let me know how he felt and wasn’t saying he didn’t want to see me anymore. I did my own thinking and told him I couldn’t continue seeing him as I was going to get attached and hurt. I was very direct about this.

The next day he texted he is going to see a counselor again and then a day or so later, wanted to know my weekend plans. I really like this man. He possesses many qualities I want in a partner who is actually available and ready for a relationship. Clearly not the position he is currently in. I’ve not told him this and wonder if I should even bother.

I’m wondering what the purpose of his continued contact is?

lexca
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 10:10 pm #85636

He probably wants to make sure you’ll be around when he’s ready…which, isn’t fair to you, necessarily, but if this is someone you do think you would have a future with, you should sit down and talk with him about it. If he does want to continue a relationship with you, when he’s ready, perhaps you could even go to his counselor with him and work out together how to move forward.