How do I know hes really interested when we live 14  hours away

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How do I know hes really interested when we live 14 hours away

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BeachChica
    Participant
    February 10, 2013 at 1:48 pm #22254
    How do I know hes really interested when we live 14 hours away

I posted a thread earlier about meeting someone 2 months before you move to where they live…. I am 26 going to be in grad school in Florida and would like to find a nice man to date.

I met this guy online and we instantly clicked (about 3 weeks ago) where we would text a good portion of the day and a lot, where he initiated the texting almost everyday. He has gotten sexual , but it’s not all the time and he knows my situation with school and moving, do you think he is actually interested in me? We talked on the phone for the second time last monday and afterwards he texted me saying how much fun I am and I jokingly said and your a horny dog, but its not a bad thing then he said its a bad thing if you think thats all I want, and I said I hope its not, and he said trust me its not I promise and I wouldnt be going after a girl that wont be here until May just for sex and he said just being able to text me during the day is worth it….

Then I didn’t hear from him so I texted him Friday jsut saying hope you have a great weekend (I think he was traveling for work) and that the storm was ruining mine. He texted me back yesterday but I waited until I was out with friends and drunk to text him back (never a good idea) and we chatted and I kind of told him I do really like him and cant wait to meet him, but Im just confused since he waited so long to talk to me after he shared his feelings. The more I think about it I don’t know if this is even worth it….

Also he mentioned he might have to come to NY for work (I live in NJ) very soon and he would love to see me…so last night he said come to Florida early and I said come to new york and he said he might have to soon but will prob be in meetings the whole time, so why would the first time he say he wants to see me, but now say that? Am I wasting my time?

underthesea
    underthesea
    Participant
    February 11, 2013 at 11:56 am #22275

Don’t take this so seriously. You’re not going to “miss out” on some wild opportunity with this new guy. He’s just having fun and being friendly. You are already dreaming some perfect relationship and you’ve never met this guy. If you see him, then you see him. If you don’t it’s ok.

Keep a level head and focus on why you’re moving to Florida, for your education. Don’t go into school thinking you have a chance with a long distance or shaky relationship. He’s still a stranger so just be friendly back and don’t make any travel plans especially to meet someone new. There’s plenty of time for road trips and air flights…

username_25
    username_25
    Participant
    February 12, 2013 at 10:24 am #22399

Yep, worry about school, THEN someone to date. You don’t want to move to a state for grad school and mess it up within the first few months because you’re on the prowl…