How do I know if dating is for me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mbowe
    mbowe
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 10:46 am #155108

I’m a 34 year old guy who grew up an only child and never had a girlfriend my entire life. I know that sounds rare or odd, but that’s just me. I’ve always been told how handsome and cute I am from other women and they are shocked I’m single. I have a good job, physically fit and workout often too. I always wanted to be in a relationship but something or some sort of fear always held me back. My parents never had a great marriage, even though they are still married and live in the same house, they rarely speak to each other and it’s always bad vibes when they’re together. Constant bickering and complaining about each other behind their backs. I guess living with them and seeing their lousy relationship has scared me away from having one of my own someday. I am content by myself for the most part – I can do what I want, when I want etc. But at the same time, there is a part of me that wants to get married and start a family someday. I am always wondering if I’m destined to be alone.

darkenmysoul01
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 5:16 pm #155118

no i dont think you are destined to be alone. I think you havent met the right away that will one knock down any bad thoughts or feelings towards relationship. As humans are thoughts on something is ever changing and evolving. Two I believe that you need to make a conscious effort to put yourself out there give people a chance. You could meet the love of your life and change everything for you if you are just open to it. Good luck lmk how it goes

classy93
    Participant
    November 8, 2017 at 1:31 am #155515

It doesn’t hurt to give it a try. Put yourself out there

NinjaJ10
    Participant
    November 9, 2017 at 5:12 pm #155812

Ask yourself this: Would you rather regret something you did, or something you didn’t.

dave123
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 5:43 am #155848

There is no right or wrong time to have a girlfriend, family. It just depends when you will meet the right person.
    It can be in your 20’s, 30’s or even 40’s.
    Don’t worry, your time will come sooner or later 🙂

tdb88
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 8:01 am #155849

You should most definitely go for it, just make sure you find a decent woman.

ChrisBliss
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 6:41 pm #155868
    Reply To: How do I know if dating is for me?

Your mind tells you things that mostly aren’t the truth, if you choose to believe them then they become the truth.

evergreen999
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 7:53 pm #155872

You can’t limit yourself because of what you have seen with your parents’ relationship. There will always be ups and downs. Nothing is perfect! You have to get out there and see it for yourself. Many people have bad experiences but many have also had best times of their lives. Being in love and having a family is a totally new experience in life and it will make you grow no matter how it goes. This makes it worth taking a risk. We have to have faith in love and be brave to give it a go. You can’t simply declare that you are destined to be alone! you have never even tried it! You are getting old by the way. You said you are handsome and cute but you will get old soon. Take advantage of your youth and find the girl you want to spend rest of your life it on time. I am sorry if I sound like I am yelling but I am just trying to help 🙂

komitangi
    komitangi
    Participant
    November 11, 2017 at 9:26 am #155890

happy

missmaris
    Participant
    November 13, 2017 at 10:06 am #155847

You should definitely date and try to put yourself out there. You will never know what you like and what you don’t and what suits you if you don’t try. How are you going to know. Your parents probably aren’t the best example. So please don’t look at them for inspiration. They don’t really have a relationship, just convenience. You want to have love, communication and happiness. You have to be happy with yourself before you can attract the right person.
    Get out there and give life a go! You never know who you will meet. You will kick yourself later in life when you might be alone and say what if?….