How do I know if she likes me? Should I ask her out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    November 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm #17492

Hey guys/girls! I’ve really liked this girl recently, and I really want to ask her out. But I don’t know if she likes me. We don’t really know each other that well. We only have 2 classes together, and we don’t really talk much. I sit across from her in one class, and sometimes I’ll be looking at her and she looks at me back with a blank expression. I’m always the first one to look away so I don’t really know what she does afterwards. I always see her hanging around with this other girl who i know pretty well and i’m friends with her. The girl I like is also friends with one of my friends ( who is actually dating her close friend). But I really don’t know what to do. I find it hard to talk to her, and bring up conversation. And I don’t even know if she likes me. Should I just go up and ask her out? I’d really like some advice on what I should do to either know if she’s interested, or what I should do to get her to like me. Any help would be great! From both guys and girls!

fancypants
    Participant
    November 29, 2012 at 3:04 pm #17676

(guys POV) Hmm, try asking the guy you know (who’s dating your crush’s friend) to set up a group date. No sure how old you are but if you can go out for drinks or even a school sporting event, you can socialize with her outside the classroom boundaries.

just my 2 cents…

Brian12
    Brian12
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 12:29 am #17717

I’d say just start chatting her up. If you can get her to laugh than that would be great! Keep the conversation going well, and don’t let it get awkward. Before hand you should try to have a list of things that you can bring up if the conversation ever dulls down. That way the conversation will always be going.

If all goes well, you could perhaps just say something like, “you know we should probably hang out some time soon.” If she’s somewhat interested then you’re fair game, and if she’s not interested it won’t be awkward or anything. Just my two cents.

Anonymous
    December 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm #18268

I like what Brian12 said. How do you know if you really like her unless you’ve never even talked to her? You might find that she is not that interesting and doesn’t talk with you very well….you might find that you don’t like the tone of her voice, or maybe she stinks or maybe she has a funny laugh! I know I’m being a bit silly, but you would be surprised how many crushes people have just from looking at someone and then the first conversation happens and something just doesn’t fit.

Don’t ask her out first….talk to her first and let a connection develop as friends first….then when there is some comfort and you know for sure that you still like her and want to know her more, go for it.