How do I know if this is still working?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

s263583
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 1:49 pm #137627

Ok I will try to make this as condensed as possible. About a year ago, I was at a bar with some friends and we all gathered for a picture. One of my friends pulled me aside and said, hey my cousin thinks you’re sexy, can I give him your number. I took a look at the photo and said definitely. We seemed to hit it off pretty well, texting eachother once or twice a week. We tried to make plans to see eachother (he lives two states away from me) a few times but they fell through. After about 7 months of casual chatting. My friend asks me if I want to go on a trip down to the state that the guy I’m talking to lives in. I said sure, I checked with the guy I was talking to and though it was 200 miles from where he lived, he came down to meet me. The weekend was fast paced and a little crazy, we seemed to click emotionally and physically. On the last day we were drinking and he tells me “I think you need to go figure your shit out.” I was of course completely blindsided and I just went back….

s263583
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 1:58 pm #137628

… to my hotel to sleep it off. I was actually a little sad, even though we had just met, I felt like we had amazing chemistry. The next morning, I went against everything that I’ve been told about relationships and said that I was “a little confused, I thought we had a good time.” He responded with “I’m sorry I just thought I saw you talking to some other people and based on my past, I got really jealous.” I was a bit surprised by the response but I was glad that we had worked it out. The next month we talked every single day. We chatted on the phone, sent videos, everything was going so well. I found out that some friends of mine were going down to the city he lived in, so I asked him if he was free that weekend. He said definitely! I got a hotel and he met up with me that night. The first night went great, the second day we went to a pool party and he introduced me as his boyfriend to everyone. We had never discussed our terms to my knowledge at this point. Later that night we….

s263583
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 9:26 am #137630

Were on our way out for the night and he says I really like that you are so strict about using condoms. I said absolutely, we are not official, but there’s one way we wouldn’t have to 😉 ;), I joked. He brushed it off and we continued out. While we were at the bar, everything was going well, he said he had to go to the bathroom, I said cool. 20 minutes go buy, I go and look for him. I finally find him and he says, I didn’t go to the bathroom, I was just watching you. I said that’s super weird (in my mind I was thinking, aww he cares if I’m interacting with other people) and said remember when you thought I was trying to flirt last time, remember how that went? So we grab one more drink, he’s dancing, and…. I see him making out with a girl. I usually don’t mind but I wondered, is he trying to just make me jealous? I was so confused once again. We are then waiting for the cab, someone asks me, hey you’re cute, you single? I look over at my guy, then back, and say, eh I mean I’m not…

s263583
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 9:28 am #137634

I’m going to have to cut the last part short. I don’t think it will let me post this long of a story, which I do apologize for. So long story short, we go out again, when we get to the hotel, I ask, do think we could be exclusive. He said no, you don’t even have plans to move down here yet. I said that’s fine but I’m not going to be undefined forever. I go to bed, he asks what’s wrong I say I’m fine, we sleep. Next morning he has to go do a family thing, kisses me good buy. I go on about my day with my friends. We meet up later, he seems cool. We drink and go back to the hotel. No cuddling no touching no nothing this time. He gets up in the morning before my flight and says his ex girlfriend is in town and he’s going to have breakfast with her, he is not out to her. I said ok, we kiss, I leave. After I land, he said “hope you got home safe, I had a ton of fun and I really appreciate you. Keep in touch.” Seemed a bit weird to me. I waited two days, said I miss you, he sent a kiss emoji

eashwary
    Participant
    July 16, 2017 at 5:08 am #142277

Ok I will try to make this as condensed as possible. About a year ago, I was at a bar with some friends and we all gathered for a picture. One of my friends pulled me aside and said, hey my cousin thinks you’re sexy, can I give him your number. I took a look at the photo and said definitely. We seemed to hit it off pretty well, texting eachother once or twice a week. We tried to make plans to see eachother (he lives two states away from me) a few times but they fell through. After about 7 months of casual chatting. My friend asks me if I want to go on a trip down to the state that the guy I’m talking to lives in. I said sure, I checked with the guy I was talking to and though it was 200 miles from where he lived, he came down to meet me. The weekend was fast paced and a little crazy, we seemed to click emotionally and physically. On the last day we were drinking and he tells me “I think you need to go figure your shit out.” I was of course completely blindsided and I just went back….

keythinaz
    Participant
    August 2, 2017 at 9:11 am #143949

There is zero future in this. Zero.

keythinaz
    Participant
    August 2, 2017 at 9:12 am #143950

It’s just not healthy for you.