How do I know when to make it "official"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jasper725
    Participant
    January 13, 2015 at 8:57 am #70387

Okay , I could really use some advice from a woman here…. So I have been seeing this girl for coming up on two months now. In the past I was always one to jump in to relationships, but after being hurt several times I am really focusing on not getting ahead of myself with her. My problem is I want to make it official, but I am afraid of ruining it by trying to define the relationship too soon. On the other hand I feel like waiting too long could send the wrong message as well. I Love spending time with her, and I do not want to date anyone else, nor do I want her to date anyone else. We spend most weekends together, and I hate it when she has to leave on Sunday. When people ask about our relationship she always makes it a point to say ” Well we aren’t officially dating yet, we haven’t had that talk yet” The way she says it makes me think this is a hint for me to initiate that talk, but I think my fear is just getting the best of me. so How do I know when its time to make it “official”?

incognitoGirl
    incognitoGirl
    Participant
    January 13, 2015 at 12:18 pm #70422

PLEASE make it official already, i’m pretty sure she’s wondering when you’re going to ask her out. Honestly me and this guy have been talking for several months already, but we haven’t made it official, just do it. What do you got to lose? it seems like she’s interested in you too, for gods sake you two spend alot of time together, lol also seems like she’s giving you hints to ask her out. Do it for it’s too late

jasper725
    Participant
    January 14, 2015 at 8:54 am #70447

I know you are right, and I should just do it. I guess I am just letting my fear get the best of me. I have been hurt before, and have been burned by trying to define the relationship too soon. I guess I just really like this girl and don’t want to screw it up. Thanks for the advice.

rbrewer
    Participant
    January 14, 2015 at 8:54 am #70552

You should probably make it official. She is hoping that you will make it official, because if she didn’t she wouldn’t make that comment.The best thing to do would be to sit down together and ask her what she wants. Then state your opinion and make the decision form there. By the sounds of it she wants you to make it official though.That’s why she made the comment.

georgiegirl
    georgiegirl
    Participant
    January 14, 2015 at 11:43 pm #70666

go for it!! she prob is wondering when or if you are going to take it to the next level……… it doesn’t mean you are asking her to get married… just making the relationship official….. best of luck 🙂