How Do I Put Myself Out There?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brutus777
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 7:47 pm #61221

So my question has 2 parts. First of all, where is the best place meet single girls my age (20)? Second of all, how do I position myself to create the best possible chance of meeting an attractive girl?

Places I go to find girls are the gym (most of them are older or younger) and school (most are older because I go to a technical school)

Background about me
    I am 20, going to college, actually a small technical school. The only dating experience I have is in high school, so I have very little dating experience. I have no problem going up to a girl and talking to her and asking for her number. The city I am going to college at, I am new to.

trayb
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 2:24 am #61236

Go to singles nights and speed dating and all that stuff, have fun with it!

KittyHammer
    KittyHammer
    Participant
    September 16, 2014 at 8:53 am #61951

Where is the best place meet single girls my age (20)?
    Here’s the secret: Everywhere. You have to be specific to the kind of girls you want to meet.
    Do you like gamer girls? Think of where you would meet them (Video game tournaments, gamestop)
    Do you like bar/club girls? Where do you think they would meet up? Define what kind of girls you want then map out locations you can access to meet them.

How do I position myself to create the best possible chance of meeting an attractive girl?
    Walk up…say hi.
    Want a detailed answer?
    Make an observation of the environment and talk about it with her since it will be on her mind as well.
    Want an extremely detailed answer?
    Go explore the city, ask people questions about the city, remember what some of them said about the city, then start conversations with the girls you met about the city and how you are new.

Clark B.
    Participant
    September 18, 2014 at 2:42 pm #62224

Hey man,

This is kinda messed up man but if you go out with a group of guys that are less attractive than you, you may get some girls to come over. Also, if you start doing more activities that you enjoy, I’m sure you’ll run into some girls there. Gym isn’t the best place. Not saying that every girl is like this, but from my experience, most girls don’t wanna be hit on at the gym.

Good luck,

Clark Baxter

hopelessromantic012
    Participant
    September 19, 2014 at 3:46 pm #62304

just be yourself and be confident. do the activities you like to do, and maybe you’ll find someone that has similar interest. don’t worry about finding a hot girl, because the not so pretty girl could possibly be the one for you, but you turned her down just because you didn’t think she was cute enough.

out_there
    Participant
    September 22, 2014 at 4:17 pm #62388

Brutus777, if you are going for attraction only, prepare to be lonely. Having a REAL connection with a woman will see that you have a healthy relationship, being with a woman because she looks good is shallow, being shallow is not an attractive trait. Confidence and self-respect is key to making yourself seem appealing to the opposite sex. Have confidence in what you say, talk about interesting things, ask interesting questions, make eye contact, be sincere but still remain distanced enough to not come across desperate and ‘easy’. Have fun, do fun things. Respect your own personal space and respect theirs, know your limits, don’t rush, don’t expect too much. Be realistic yet set yourself challenges to engage with women, to build friendships, to increase your self-esteem through doing so and breaking through the plateau of ‘I cant’ and changing it into ‘I can, and I will’.

And where to go? Humans go anywhere they feel right. There is no designated area for a 20 year old to be.

don104
    Participant
    September 25, 2014 at 9:16 am #62510

Make yourself feel more confident and attractive by dressing well, staying in shape and acting like an adult, regardless of age. Confidence is weird because you do have to practice it, but if you aren’t confident that means you have to fake it. How do you practice? By doing just that, talk to as many girls as you can, whether it’s just talking in line to get lunch, or walking to class, nothing serious, but it will get you more comfortable around them. Also going out with friends and spending time out around people and generally socializing, men and women. You’re young too, learn these things now so when you get older and start going to bars and having an adult social life you’ll have learned how to be confident, instead of waiting. Confidence takes a while to really learn, and what you look like is far less important than how you carry yourself. Make your mistakes now, and you’ll have no trouble when you get older and dating gets a little more intense and serious