How do I show him I'm interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dancermdh
    Participant
    June 10, 2014 at 7:36 pm #55039

I’ve been “talking” to this guy since the end of March. For a while, he was always the one to initiate contact, because let’s face it, I was playing hard to get. But recently I’ve tired opening up more and showing him that I was interested, or so I thought. He’s taken me out three times, and this past Thursday he invited me to hangout with his close friends. After the two of us went back to my place to watch a movie. When he left I was expecting a kiss, which didn’t happen. We were texting the next night and he then told me that he wanted to kiss me goodnight the night before but wasn’t sure if I would be okay with it and that I was hard to read. My roommate tells me to open up even more but I don’t know how to do that without feeling that I’m being annoying and/or desperate. We obviously don’t talk everyday, but I feel stuck. I really do like this guy and can see myself dating him long term. I either want the relationship to move forward, or figure out if I should move on.

holyfruitbat
    Participant
    June 10, 2014 at 9:04 pm #55041

Well it seems like playing hard to get worked a little too well! But the best advice I could give is how I would’ve responded to him saying he wanted to kiss you (assuming you wanted him to). I would’ve said “Well I sure wouldn’t have stopped you! You’ll have to make up for it!” or something of that nature. Its light, its flirty, but not desperate. Its not a whiney “well you should’ve ugh” type of response. Definitely puts the ball in his court. He’s definitely interested on a good level, since he didn’t try to just get in your pants, and enjoyed your company in his own personal space. So let him take you out again, and maybe tease him a little for not taking his chance the other night!

Matthew1289
    Participant
    June 12, 2014 at 12:38 am #55154

It is not that hard lol. Be the one to ask him to hang out next time. Text him/call him first for a few days in a row. If you initiate things first a few times, it shows a lot.

BLawson
    BLawson
    Participant
    June 12, 2014 at 1:13 pm #55227

If the guy is not a total wet noodle he should respond when you take the initiative. Dating when you’re a bit nervous about where you stand tends to be about status and validation- you want to offer equal status by letting him know you are interested.

Also Mattew1289’s comment is great- no harm in joking about the romantic aspect, or a kiss that might have been etc.

If you guys started talking in March you should know what kind of stuff he likes by now- maybe another movie night or a show you know he is interested in. You don’t have to be over the top by any means, but checking in and offering up an idea or two for plans is not a bad thing.

Anonymous
    June 13, 2014 at 1:31 am #55287

If you are really interested with the guy, don’t let him go, show him the signs that it is okay, most of the time guys are afraid to tell or show how they feel because they don’t want to upset girls. So if you wanted that kind of person go show him what he wants, and tell him what he needs to hear. Don’t play hard to get or you may end up loosing that person.

Moltoxcat
    Moltoxcat
    Participant
    June 14, 2014 at 7:10 pm #55362

I think this guy is just shy or gentle. Definitely he likes you, as least according to the information you supplied.
    So, try to find a excuse to hang out with him and make up a chance to let him to kiss you–like staring at his lips or face for seconds in front of the door of your home (or his home) before he leaves.
    Anyway, If you really want to keep him and his heart. Try to take the first move yourself and don’t wait.
    Hope it can help you.

candycane22
    Participant
    June 16, 2014 at 9:15 pm #55402

This guy definitely likes you, so don’t move on! I think a good thing for you to do would maybe just sit down and have a heart to heart with him. Tell him how you feel since he obviously cant see it.

dancermdh
    Participant
    June 30, 2014 at 2:12 pm #56583

Update: So this guy and I had a little talk about me being more open, and he understood completely. A couple weeks ago, we had a do over on our movie night and it ended with a kiss (finally!). This past weekend, my friends and I went out bar hopping with him and his friends (we are trying to set up my roommate and his best friend). After the night was over, the guy and I were just hanging out in my room. One thing lead to another and we ended up making out, absolutely nothing else. When he left, he kissed me goodbye and told me he would talk to me the next day. And to my surprise, he never called, texted, nothing. Because he was leaving for a trip today (Monday) for the next four days, I went along with some of my best guy-freind’s advice and sent him a text eariler wishing him a fun and safe trip. It’s now Monday afternoon, still have not heard anything and I think I’m more confused now than ever, and maybe even just a tad bit humiliated.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  dancermdh.

fatzqueen
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 2:18 am #56743

Dear Dancermdh,at least now you know that you have tried and it still didn’t make a difference,plz don’t feel humiliated,let it be a learning curve!

Nikita
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 11:28 am #56749
    Reply To: How do I show him I'm interested?

I think you should let him know by droping obvious hints ( be interested in what he’s saying, make sure he knows you want to be with him, so hang around him alot etc.) but please dont come off too strong. That’s such a major turn off for me, i think guys should always be the one to make the moves, so i think you should just let him know that you’re interested.