How do I show him we should go for it while we still have time?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

UnderwaterThoughts
    Participant
    March 8, 2015 at 3:37 pm #75009

I’ve just started seeing a guy at university- he’s a visiting student, so is going back to America in 3 months. I really like him, and I think he really likes me because he keeps saying he thinks he likes me more than I like him. Anyways, he says nothing serious should happen because it would suck when he left, but I want to convince him it’s better just to live in the moment, but don’t want to sound too keen (because I’m not 100% sure that’s what I want) any ideas?

Sami
    Sami
    Participant
    March 8, 2015 at 6:28 pm #75015

Seems like he is a respectful guy.
    But… why don’t you live the moment too, and go with the flow? Create the moment for intimacy.
    Just make sure you agree on living the moment without going too far emotionally.
    Easy to say then to do, I know.

cosmo.io
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 8:43 am #75020

Why not start a virtual (skype) relationship with him in parallel to your offline attempts to get him to date you. Perhaps he might be able to see that you can continue with a relationship even after he goes back to America. Best of luck.

20-nothingnewb
    20-nothingnewb
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 5:41 pm #75085

You sound like my exact situation only I am your guy and we have 20 days left. Literally same details and all I can say is – I can’t figure out if it’s better to enjoy each other now and risk heartache or leave it be. I preferably would take the lesser of two evils (but it’s hard to stick to that decision sometimes lol). I would advise that you do let it (whatever it is) happen naturally and go with the flow. Careful not to pressure him. Sorry I can’t be of more help, I’m in it too, but I will say this… He told me he loved me and that made me more comfortable to let things escalate physically despite my adamant decision to keep it platonic from now on, because I do indeed feel love for him.. but is he just playing games? Who knows. Gotta protect my heart though and sometimes it’s better to just admire from afar. Just things to think about, could be applicable to your guy’s POV.

UnderwaterThoughts
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 8:46 am #75100

Thanks guys- that all makes a lot of sense, will definitely just go with the flow 🙂