How do I start a conversation with him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 5:00 am #68734

So I have a crush on a security guard that works in a department store near where I live. I go there a lot because there is a grocery store there too. We have most definitely been exchanging glances and I can feel sexual tension between us. He has purposely bumped into me a couple of times,made eye contact say sorry and flash me a big smile. Flirtatious looks have been exchanged, So my question is how do I start a conversation with him? It would be much easier if he worked at a checkout or something but because he’s the security guard I can’t think of a reason to start up a conversation. He could have a gf for all I know but Id like to at least get chatting to him once just so I know I tried. Any ideas??

oxidious
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 11:04 am #68759

You could always just find a way to walk by him and say “Hey, how’s it going?”, introduce yourself, have a short conversation, maybe tell him how you come here to shop and see him often, does he work full time? Does he have any crazy things hapoen on the job? Just little things like that help to break the ice. If you do that every time, you’ll be able to talk more. Having small conversations will also help him see your interest because you come say hi every time now that you’ve talked the first time, yet you keep it short as not to bother him while working. I’m no expert but that sounds sensible haha.

December 22, 2014 at 7:19 pm #69552

lol i’m surprised a woman is asking a question like this, aren’t women the passive sex?

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 23, 2014 at 1:21 am #69559

Reply:H8realityWithHuge passion, and oxidious,
    Not necessarily lol I certainly don’t mind making the first move. My motto is the worst they can say is no. Yes it’s nice to for a man to make the first move but if he’s shy and I think I might be in with a chance I’ll start chatting and flirting with him. To be honest it’ll be hard to talk to this guy because of his work settings and I had all intentions of using oxidious’ advice and thanks oxidious for your reply 🙂 I did meet a nice guy last week though and I’m going on a date with him this weekend he seems very keen possibly a bit too keen but can’t complain I suppose lol. And I wasn’t the passive one here either, he was very shy but I soon had him talking and even suggested he take my number….He later said he was so happy I suggested it because he was scared of rejection. Even if I don’t feel confident I fake it lol

December 23, 2014 at 7:31 pm #69572

ya I was being sarcastic, I wish more women were like you