How do I stay calm when I'm really into someone

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lilly82
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 4:21 pm #132261

Hey everyone,

I’m just starting to date again (online). I recently went out with this guy about 5 days ago. It was such a great first date. We went for dinner and had a couple of drinks and talked a lot. At the end of the date we kissed for quite a while. I asked if I could see him again, and he said ‘i hope so!’.
    The next day he text me in the afternoon asking how my day was..we’ve exchanged a few text between now and then, but he didnt set a date. So yesterday I asked if he wanted to meet up on the weekend and he said yes. The problem is, is I like him A LOT..and I’m scared he doesn’t like me as much as I like him..and I dont want to scare him off. I see him online still which is normal and fine I know..but I have all these thoughts that he will meet someone better, or just isnt into me. I hate dating, its so stressful..and I dont know how to stay calm and just relax and have fun with it. How do I trust things will work out the way they will?

jj91
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 7:28 am #133374

I am in the same boat as you! Trust me I know how you feel!
    My advise to you is take it day by day and don’t over think it. If he’s giving you obvious signs that he’s not interested (like not responding to your messages at all or doesn’t want to hang out anymore) just have fun with it. He probably still has the profile up because it’s still so new and he doesn’t know what could come out of this either. Once you feel comfortable and some time has passed, maybe bring it up to him and make sure you two are on the same page with things! Good luck, hope this works out for you 🙂

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 12:25 pm #133454

exactly what jj said. remember they’re going thru exactly what you’re going thru.
    another way to calm down is that – it’s also about finding out if they are a match for you (rather than yo proving you are a match for them).

Realize that the game isn’t about making something out of nothing and making it work with anybody.
    It’s about finding the right person and then enjoying it (yes of course it’s work… but just like theh right job, or the right car, etc. yo don’t buy a crappy car or start a crappy job that yo have zero interest in or enjoyment – then force it become the best job or car in the world… ). Yet tson of us approach our dating and lovelife that way.. STOP THAT! 🙂

Shop around for a great fit, that makes you happy, that just flows well. Then work on ensuring it stays that way (much like you’d care for a car – by washing, waxing, maintaining, or with a great job – by performing, contributing, and being a good coworker).