how do I stay in contact with a female friend of mine that has a boyfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Drake619
    Participant
    August 3, 2015 at 9:04 am #83503

Although we’ve hung out a couple times over the course of one year, we’ve agreed to stay in touch since we won’t be studying the same subjects anymore at University this semester. She’s becoming quite close to me. We’ve even hugged closely on two separate occasions before leaving. I did not text her for weeks, so suddenly I texted her last week asking her how she was and she did not respond at all. I mean our relationship was on good terms and there was nothing wrong. I’ve always been the person that gives her space and I usually text her probably once a month or once in two months but that was because we usually meet every week since we’re lab partners in the past two semesters. But now it’s a different story. So I need your advice on how should I stay in touch with her , because she told me we should keep in touch and even catch up again in the future.

tiredman
    Participant
    August 7, 2015 at 2:29 am #83682

Just move on. She is probably involved with someone new. If the opposite were true would you want an old boyfriend of a girl you were involved with texting her. I don’t think so.

th3kingsofkings
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 10:01 am #83947

i’m stuck in the same position, it sucks i know but sooner or later you will get over her hopefully.

JeffS
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 3:51 pm #83970

I’d try being facebook friends. It’s always possible to stay in contact over that. A lot of women don’t like to reply to “Hi, how are you” type messages.

jadefox
    jadefox
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 8:23 am #84057

Friends? You meant, both of you are best friends? If so, then communicating with her is not bad even if she has a boyfriend already. But if you are not so close enough or no deep relationship as best friends and you have feelings for her, that’s why you still want to stay contact with her. Then, my advice for you is to find another woman. But if your reason why you want to stay in contact with her is just have a deep relationship as friends or bestfriends, then you can still hangout or communicate each other, through text/phone or on facebook. Hope my advice helps you! Good luck and best wishes! 🙂

santos711
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 8:48 pm #84119

Texting her isn’t bad at all! You can hang out but she’d probably set boundaries since she’s taken

jake0606
    Participant
    August 15, 2015 at 5:15 am #84140

I have the same problem

Patrick89
    Participant
    August 16, 2015 at 12:35 pm #84167

I also have this problem