How do I tell him this without him getting upset?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 4:05 am #73646

So me and a guy I have been dating since before Christmas have recently made things official. Everything is going great and he’s a great guy and no issues with the relationship. At the weekend I went to a club with a couple of friends, we went to this particular club because the guy my friend has been hooking up with works there. He wasn’t working this night so had a few drinks with our group of friends. Long story short he made a pass at me when my friends back was turned, I told him leave me alone and he then continued to grab me inappropriately and it took me hitting him for him to leave me alone. One of my friends witnessed it and I told my friend who was seeing this guy what happened, she was devastated. It is something that has bothered me since it has happened and I feel like I should tell my bf but my friends have mixed views. Some think yes you should it wasn’t right what happened and others think why rock the boat this soon into the relationship. He will more than likely see

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 4:10 am #73647

this guy around a lot as this guy works in a couple bars and this club and lives in the area. I want to tell him but at the same time I do already get the sense that he is very protective and I don’t want any arguments or god forbid fights. So in your opinion how should I approach this subject and what can I say to maybe keep his mind at ease I suppose. I don’t want to start off a new relationship keeping stuff hidden or bottled up so feel it’s the right thing to do.

DKing3
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 8:59 am #73650

I think as a guy I would want my girlfriend to tell me something like that. Now I do not know how your bf would react, but to me its all about trust and honesty as being one of the most important qualities in a relationship and if you do not have that than I think that the relationship is doomed. I am sure he knows that you would NEVER do anything like that behind his back and he would never do anything behind your back!