How do I turn a first date into a first boyfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

IgpayAtenlay
    Participant
    December 22, 2014 at 7:40 pm #69553

There is this guy I really like. We are both in high-school, him a senior me a freshman. We have band together(same instrument) once a day. About a month ago we had one date at a play, we both had a good time and he ended up driving me home. About two weeks ago I asked him out again but he was busy. Since then I pretty much clam up whenever I see him because it is usually during band and he is the best mallet player in the whole band and I am an okay freshman, about half as good as he is. I also know his younger brother who is also a freshman and is dating one of my friends. My friend knows about my crush and is fine with it. Recently I feel like both the younger brother and my crush has been looking at me differently. Am I just imagining things or did my friend tell her boyfriend about my crush? I never specifically told her otherwise. Also, today during band I was looking for a place to sit down and he gestured to the seat next to him. What should I do? Help!

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 23, 2014 at 1:41 am #69561

It can be nerve wrecking trying to move things along. Next time you both sit together maybe bring up a movie that’s just out (maybe one you know he would be interested in) if he hasn’t seen it you should say oh maybe we should go see it sometime. Just try and read the signs whether or not he pays you extra attention or if you catch him looking at you.

Not cool that your friend told his brother when you told her not to but she could have genuinely wanted to see if he was interested for you. Hope it goes well:)

IgpayAtenlay
    Participant
    December 23, 2014 at 8:02 am #69554

Another thing: I have never had a boyfriend and the date mentioned above is the first date I ever had so I am super inexperienced and know little to nothing about dating.

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 23, 2014 at 9:26 am #69567

Has he mentioned the date you guys have been on? You could always bring up the play ye went to see and see if that leads to him asking you out again. Everyone has to start somewhere and it’s normal for to feel nervous and anxious about it all. I was soooo nervous on my first ever date and what I learned from it is to just try and relax he wouldn’t have asked me on the date if he didn’t like me. So think about it that way he must have some interest in you:) Do you guys get to talk much at band practice? because that’s the perfect time to get to know him and just talk to him. Also he wouldn’t have gestured for you to sit next to him if he didn’t like you or notice you:). I think he might be as nervous as you are. I don’t think it matters how much dating experience you have you can always be nervous with someone new, I know I always am lol.

datingtipswoman
    datingtipswoman
    Participant
    December 24, 2014 at 2:00 pm #69590

Have you been dating someone for a long time and are wondering why he hasn’t taken the relationship to the next level with you? It’s not you, it’s them. Knowing these secrets can help you help him take that relationship to the level that you both know you want.
    ** Attraction- Are you always making sure he is attracted to you? Guys are very bent on having an attractive mate.
    ** Being with you is easy for him- no drama, no pressure, don’t do anything that makes him sweat. Ask yourself…Is he comfortable with you?
    ** Make him feel amazing!- You love to get compliments, but that job doesn’t just fall in his court. When he always feels amazing around you, he will want to be with you more.
    Create good feelings. We all gravitate toward the things we want and move away from the things we don’t. Getting him to commit is not about planning a special night and one conversation. It’s about making both of you feel good about each other for the rest of your lives!

newtothis2015
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 2:23 am #71516

I know its easy to say but after many years of experience and looking back at my shy youth as a male if a girl/young woman had liked me and just spent time trying to talk to me I would have been happy to spend time and get to know her. I know nervousness and lack of confidence can be terrible (suffered from it myself) but initially just try to find opportunities to chat about things you like and think he may be interested in. Maybe after a few more conversations and getting to know him better you could bring up the date subject again 🙂