How do, or can I fix the problem?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bcoant26
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 11:51 pm #79162

My ex and I broke up this week after dating for 2 1/2 years. We have an age difference of 8 years,I am 30 and she is 22. When we first started dating everything was perfect until she finished college and moved back home with her family. Her family has always been nice to me but has never truly accepted me as a part of her life.When i visit at her house I get ignored like im not even there,ive been cut out of photos and her parents have constantly changed our plans when we try to spend time alone.Also she is continuing her schooling and is extremely busy, now its to the point where she has no time at all for me.After 2 years of explaining specific things that her family has excluded me, she seems to not truly belive it and feels that this is all my fault since I stopped spending time at her house/going out with her friends. I dont know how I could ever make her see that I have always been there for support and treated her perfectly and its her family that drove me away.

May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm #79170

Talk to her parents and tell them what your intentions are with there daughter.
    They will come around 🙂

bcoant26
    Participant
    May 17, 2015 at 9:15 pm #79176

im not so sure. ive shown them for almost 3 years that I was serious even so much that I went back to school to better myself for both of us down the road. from the very beginning, her mother was downright vile about me. she even made my girlfriend cry because she was spending one night of the weekend at my house and the other with her family when she came home from college, also her dad works with me and my uncle and they have butted heads in the past. I feel that they are afraid to let her grow up and accept the fact that she is going to have someone else significant in her life and will eventually be moving out.

tman1234
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 8:54 pm #79364

If you feel her parents are treating you unfair or poor, you should try to talk with them.If they are the root of the problem, you need to start there. I’d suggest showing up at her house with flowers to give to her mom and then asking to talk with her parents alone. The flowers break the ice, it should make them happy,and gives you an in to at least be heard. Adults should be able to have conversations about how they feel, and what’s going on, so they should be willing to talk with you, and all can hear what each other has to say. If they don’t want to talk with you, I’d say, the only thing at this point is to send them a written letter with what you want to tell them, and how you’d prefer to talk in person, but since they don’t you would still like to share how you feel. You will never know why they feel the way they do without having an adult conversation about it. Maybe the way they are acting has some good reasons, who knows, communication is very important.

bcoant26
    Participant
    May 20, 2015 at 9:41 am #79374

When do I do this since we broke up only a week ago and I have begun a no contact period with her until she cools off.She says that she is still willing to sit down and talk but wants a little time. I don’t even know how to explain all of this to her while maintaining the sense that I am not really trying to push her into a decision.I have been reading so much advise and feel that I am overwhelming myself in hopes that I wont ruin my shot to fix things if and when I get to talk with her.