How do you cope with a bad break-up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CassieRose
    CassieRose
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 3:46 am #81407

My ex who I was madly in love with came back into my life for a short period of time. He wanted to try to make things work, said super sweet, convincing things, and now he’s disappeared. I poured my heart out to him, and he said nothing, so we ended our time together. How do you guy’s deal with a broken heart? I feel so dumb, sad and betrayed.

morbe
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 8:19 am #81411

The one thing that us men have in common with women is that we’re human just like woman. This means we feel the same emotions as women. I recently went through a horrible divorce, and for a long time I missed my ex. I still do and when she remarried “prince charming” shortly after our divorce, after dating only 6mo. I was crushed. Was I heart broken? Yes I was. I felt as if my heart was ripped out, diced up, deepfried, eaten and $hit out by her new husband. I was depressed, sunk in a whole, I didnt want to date, hang out with friends, family or any one. I just wanted to crawl in a whole and die (figuratively not litteraly) seeing my ex happy with her new love was the best thing that happened to me becuase it allowed me to close a chapter in my life everybody was willing to close but me. This takes TIME. CassieRose there is no miracle pill for breakups but there is time, and plenty of it, and you will need it. People deal with pain differently.

morbe
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 8:42 am #81412

Here are some ways to cope.
    1. Pick a hobby that has short gains and rewards. Find something you liked when you were younger. Painting, gardening, etc.
    2. Go out. Your friends want to help you get over the “A hole” that hurt one of the girls. Warning alcohol is a depressant and can exacerbate things. Start out with lunch with the girls or something like that yoga, pilates or self defense class youay have been talking about.
    3. Talk about it, find a no biased 3rd party and unload what your holding on to.
    Basically what you’re trying to do here is stay mentally sane and healthy until your heart heals ans when you’re ready get back out there and start dating again.

Foxy1024
    Participant
    July 3, 2015 at 7:28 am #81966

I think the first thing & best thing you have to do is to come to terms w/ the fact that it’s over & that you need to move on. Let the past be the past. You can’t change the past, can’t do anything differently, & dwelling on it, thinking you can becuz you’re that sad about how things ended up. But all you can do now is look forward. Learn from your past mistakes & don’t repeat them in the next relationship. You can fail at a lot in life.. But you’re not a failure until you quit trying. Think positive thoughts about your present & your future, saying that today is much better than yesterday & tomorrow is going to be even better! Keep going even when the days get hard.. The days to enjoy your hard work & dedication are soon around the corner & you’ll want them to be as sweet & comfortable as you imagine them to be.. Good luck & if nothing else, tell yourself that this too shall pass becuz in this life the bad times are jus as temporary as the good times.. Live life. Love life. All of it.

Elenaki
    Participant
    July 3, 2015 at 5:46 pm #81975

I am so sorry you had to experience that. I have a similar situation – he came back, said convincing things, and we are sort of exploring something now. Only in my case, I am thinking about ending it already… And I brace myself for that…
    There is nothing else for you to do except start healing and moving on, however cliché that might sound. However painful it may be, remove everything that reminds you of him. You should nurture and take care of yourself now lovingly, so those reminders would make it worse for you. If you have any anger, try to morph it to sadness – it is healthier to process it that way. If you feel like crying, don’t suppress it, let it out. And try to fill your time with as many good friends and activities as you can – don’t sit still! It will take time, but the pain will go, and you will find yourself to be a somewhat different person, with a new normal.
    Take care, darling. xx

malibu123
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 1:45 pm #82300

I understand how you feel, try to occupy yourself. You are allowed to feel sad, alone, etc, but do not wallow in your emotions or let them control you. Take it day by day. Never push yourself to heal emotionally any faster then you are ready to. One day you will go a whole day without him crossing your mind, and you will be shocked when you realize it. You will be okay. I never thought I would get through my breakup but eventually you feel whole again and better then ever!

MissSophieXx
    MissSophieXx
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 8:30 am #82802

Ive never been hurt before LUCKILY! but maybe some junk food and films then a night out with your friends just keep yourself occupied its ok to cry! but just remember that hes not the guy your going to marry the guy your going to marry is walking around somewhere on this earth and he will treat you so much better x

ivoryglow
    Participant
    July 16, 2015 at 12:07 pm #82949

I focused on myself, bettering myself and gaining confidence/self-esteem/skills. And completely block him out of your thoughts if you realize it only hurts you.

poodlegirl
    poodlegirl
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 11:12 am #82976

I am so sorry for your emotional pain. Do yourself a favor and stop all contact. Time does soften the pain. Stay as busy as you can. Good luck.

hurtgirl88
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 2:59 pm #82979
    Reply To: How do you cope with a bad break-up?

I’m going through the same thing. You just need to be sad or you can be happy.

Nicolette93
    Nicolette93
    Participant
    July 27, 2015 at 9:01 pm #83334

Whenever I’m dealing with stressful things I start writing! Whether it in my journal or a story I find that writing helps release my pent up emotions onto the page! Especially if its about a person I don’t like, I just kill them in the story!

Anonymous
    July 28, 2015 at 8:36 am #83346

you need to find what makes you happy. a year ago i went through a nasty break up and wondered why it hurts so much when guys break your heart. but i learnt something from someone..that a person can’t bring you happiness only you can. so you need to discover what makes you happy. write down a list of things you enjoy and start doing them. this will help you heal before you can move forward in life.
    sorry for your pain 🙁