How do you know when it's time to break it off

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rose115
    Participant
    April 22, 2017 at 1:54 pm #134076

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for about a year and a half. I’m in college working on a biology degree. He is a few years older and dropped out of college, but is going back in the Fall. Lately I just feel like our relationship has turned into more of a friendship. I still enjoy his company and he is my best friend but I don’t feel attracted to him anymore. I’m so upset because he is a great guy and I feel like I won’t find anyone that fits with me as well as he does. But I find myself feeling like I’m suffocating when he tries to kiss me. We rarely have sex…he always tries but I just have no desire. And I feel awful. I don’t know if I should stay and see if things turn around, maybe when he goes back to school? I feel like I just find his lifestyle very unattractive. He is a cook and basically just smokes and sleeps all day. It’s starting to bother me I guess since we are out of the “honeymoon” phase. I don’t want to throw everything we have away but I feel trapped. Is there any hope

Mia500
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 8:36 am #134090

When you know things have gone downhill, they can only get worse. Something you should wait it out over is an argument or disagreement between you two but you’re not even happy anymore. If you don’t have the same lifestyle, how could you grow together? Relationships are for being in love and it doesn’t sound like that’s where you are.