how does online dating works?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

matt-stevens
    matt-stevens
    Participant
    October 11, 2017 at 9:46 pm #152533

I’ve heard that Badoo (dating site) can show you people who is currently not far from (for example on the street) who is looking to meet someone new right at that moment… I mean, instead of chatting online, you can see someone who is using this site or app and if you both like each other- you can start talking in real life straight away. Is that how it works? I’ve never done it, so not sure if i am right or wrong? Can someone please explain?
    That sort of dating would be really interesting, but i am not sure if i got it right, if someone knows- please help.

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    October 12, 2017 at 2:51 pm #152611

Sort of. The point is that your meeting someone a realistic dating distance away from you. But you chat with people on Badoo like you would on any site (OKC, Tinder, etc.) You could ask someone “Hey, we’re basically neighbors, do you wanna get a cup of coffee” right away, but the odds of them saying yes are probably not much better than if you did that on OKC. It also depends on the person, of course, but I don’t think most people see it the way you’re seeing it.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    October 12, 2017 at 2:54 pm #152613

Sort of. The point is that your meeting someone a realistic dating distance away from you. But you chat with people on Badoo like you would on any site (OKC, Tinder, etc.) You could ask someone “Hey, we’re basically neighbors, do you wanna get a cup of coffee” right away, but the odds of them saying yes are probably not much better than if you did that on OKC. It also depends on the person, of course, but I don’t think most people see it the way you’re seeing it.

Exactly