How important are looks?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How important are looks?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alanna666
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 5:14 pm #76304
    How important are looks?

I met this guy online shortly after a bad break up about six months ago. Recently we met agreeing to be friends with benefits. He made it very clear he will be whatever I need him to be in my life. Including something more than a fuck buddy. But he’s content with what we have now. He has everything I’m looking for; hes educated, has a job, we share similar interest, the conversation is good, the sex is great, but I’m not exactly attracted to him. He’s very small for a guy only weighing in at 140 apparently. Still strong enough to lift me but I just got out of a relationship with a larger more manly man and I don’t know if I can go back to a smaller guy. Should I look past it?

DKing3
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 5:38 pm #76305

I would look past this for sure!! It sounds to me like you guys hit it off very well and he is everything you are looking for in a guy right? While I think that looks do play some part in a relationship as far as attraction is concerned, I really dont think that it is THAT important. I mean who freakin cares if he is not as “manly” as your past guy?! If he is good to you and treats you right and you think he is a good guy then go for it!

Anna
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 2:05 pm #76374

Looks are important but they are not everything. If he makes you happy, what can be more important? I say – do it!

jasminem143
    jasminem143
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 3:25 pm #77393

How would you feel if you were on the receiving end of a shallow rejection. However- should you settle? If you’re not attracted- it’s only going to blow up later on. He deserves your honesty- you owe compassionate let down though. Assuming he is a good guy…

Appleclutter
    Appleclutter
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 10:44 pm #77454

I personally think its terrible that you have a “friend with benefits” relationship. Do it with someone you love, not just want to have sex and let it be over.