How long should I give him ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Caiis101
    Participant
    May 22, 2015 at 11:11 pm #79650

Thanks for any responses –

I have been single for two years. The last relationship I was in was a 6 year long relationship.

At the very end of Feb, I met someone new. We hung out through March and some of April. I would say once every other week. Most of this was me asking him to hang out. Towards the middle of April we were talking everyday, mostly through text. Towards the end of April I did notice that we were hanging out less & texting less… I asked him about this and he told me that he was just giving me space to finish up school. (At this point I was a month away from finishing up my masters degree and was preparing for finals) Last week I finished up school and we hung the day after. He asked me to hang out. I have been waiting forever to finish up so that we could talk more and hang out more. We had fun last Friday but I noticed right away back to very vague texts again. I sent him a very simple text saying hey let me know when you have a free night and ill cook us some dinner……

Caiis101
    Participant
    May 22, 2015 at 11:11 pm #79651

He did not respond at all. So after a couple of days of not hearing from him, I just flat out asked him how he felt about me because I felt like I was getting a friendship vibe from him. I told him if that was the case, that’s fine but that I just wanted to know. He told me that wasn’t the case at all, and that he truly was giving me space before for school and that this week he just had some family emergencies that he had to deal with which is why he couldn’t talk to me much. But he said that his feelings for me have not changed at all. Even after that convo, still not much convos happening.

Deep down in the pit of my stomach I just have a feeling that he doesn’t have the time for me. He’s very busy. He’s a school psychologist and works six days a week and he also coaches a junior high football team during the week and on Sundays.

I really like him and hope that I am wrong but the question is how much longer should I give it if things don’t change. I was thinking another month or two tops.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Caiis101.

Kittygirl
    Participant
    June 9, 2015 at 3:03 pm #80522

You should listen to your gut and your intuition about this guy. It doesn’t sound like he has time for a relationship, plus is it possible that this guy is married? I had a friend that experienced something like this and it turns out the guy was married. Just something to think about

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 10, 2015 at 8:04 pm #80588

I think your intuition is always the best indication of someone’s intentions and feelings. It really sounds like he’s not interested in a relationship right now or doesn’t have the time.

cja0115
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 3:55 pm #81275

I feel your pain. It is hard when you do not know how the other one feels. I am a chicken when it comes to asking how they feel…however, sucks but if he was more into you …he would make the time. I know myself, If I am not digging the guy that much, I keep just giving excuses or I guess leading them on. If I were you, I would stop texting altogether. Either he will start to wonder why and contact you….or it just fizzles away..but keep your dignity and try the no contact approach.

Anonymous
    July 7, 2015 at 12:09 pm #82081

It’s not a matter of whether or not he has feelings for you… the real question is, do you really want to try and be with someone who has you so low on their list of priorities? Even if it’s still “new” making time to get to know you should be at least in the top 5 things you make time for… if it’s not, know your value and quit while your ahead and before you start to get too attached.

veronicalewis
    Participant
    July 7, 2015 at 11:53 pm #82201

I don’t think he has the time for a relationship nor wants one. Sorry to be brutally honest but you two are obviously not for each other and make sure you don’t take that personally.