How long should I give him to impress me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Thirtyharry
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 1:04 pm #109979

A little background I’m a 33yo female who would like to be in a relationship, would like to marry and have children someday.

I met this guy same age who wants the same. We’ve been dating for 2 weeks now talk and text everyday and are planning our 3rd date this coming weekend. On paper he is very nice, ambitious, and intelligent, which is what attracted me to him in the first place, but 2 weeks in I find him very boring. He is definitely a bit of a nerd, which is fine, his intelligence is one of the things that attracted me to him, however he doesn’t make me laugh he’s not fun and if he has a personality I haven’t seen it yet. Most importantly he doesn’t give me that indescribeable FEELING you get when you are really attracted to someone. If I had to make a decision today I would break it off with him but from experience I know sometimes attraction takes time.

So the question is, how much time do I give for that attraction to develop, or is 2 weeks enough?

polarice
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 9:41 pm #110026

I say you can sum up someone by 3 days and kind of know what they are like. By 2 weeks with my current BF now I was totally sprung. We had chemistry, great sex, amazing conversations and laughter. I dated a guy who sounds like your guy now about 4 years ago. We lasted 2 mos and that was too long. I say break it off with him. I think that’s what you want to do too.

daisy123
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 8:51 am #110517

if he’s not showing humor already or a great personality he’s had plenty of time. Who cares how he looks on paper love is a feeling it doesn’t sound like you will fall for him if you haven’t yet. Break it gently to him. Good luck!