How long should it take a man to figure out which woman he wants?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

janine87
    Participant
    November 8, 2014 at 9:49 am #67244

So I’ve been dating this guy for about six months now. He has a girlfriend he has been with for about 10 years. I was separated from my husband at the time and was considering working it out with him but after I met this other guy decided to leave my husband to be with him. We started sleeping together at work and things just went from there. I love him very much and he said that he loves me, but he still loves his girlfriend very much also and wants to continue dating her. I have told him that I believe he is the one for me and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. He keeps saying he loves me and he just wants to date right now, but I want him to leave his girlfriend I’m better than her and he deserves me, not her. I believe God brought him in my life so we could be together forever, even though he doesn’t trust me that much right now and he tracks all my cell phone calls and text messages.I truly believe he is going to leave her for me, but he’s scared and taking his time?

geekgoddess_84
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 9:32 pm #67294

I personally believe he’s checking your stuff because you both were unfaithful to your partners and now he thinks you’ll do it to him. It’s like the old saying “You lose ’em how you got ’em.”

SupaJones
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:32 am #67292

God, 10 years. Just from a guy’s perspective, but I believe that 10 years invested on anything is a truly meaningful thing. Not to sound the wrong way, but he may just be using you for sexual attention that he does not get from his current girlfriend. Don’t let him track anything on you. I wouldn’t allow someone to do that to me if I dated them for a year. Also, he is seeing your emotional attachment/investment in him and that just feeds his ego. I suggest trying to find a guy that is down to earth and wants to give you 100% of his attention. I would have him make an immediate decision or you are just wasting your time.

certifiedgirlgeek
    certifiedgirlgeek
    Participant
    November 11, 2014 at 9:02 am #67408

Side-piece.

carlb
    Participant
    November 11, 2014 at 7:12 pm #67500

I say move on

JohanD
    Participant
    November 16, 2014 at 8:31 pm #67646

10 years with his girlfriend is a long time, and he doesn’t hide that he loves her as well. I have little doubt that he loves you as well, but it seems like different types of love. Trust is apparently important to him (funny enough).
    After 10 years together, the sex life can get pretty boring and many men need other women to feel sexual pleasure. It doesn’t necessary mean that much, but if your sex is different from what he would normally have (positions, places, accessories…), it is a good sign that it is mainly purely sexual.

As well, do you know if this guy is emotionally unsatisfied in his current relationship? What is he complaining about? If he isn’t emotionally unsatisfied or if there aren’t other major problems, I see it is as little probable he would leave his current girlfriend…

brokenhearted
    brokenhearted
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 11:26 am #79135

i was in a relationship almost just like yours im gonna tell you walk awy n dont look back,your a f buddy to him,,and hes not gona leave her,n tells you he loves you but he realy dont ,its just to get what he wants,n his girl has no idea hes with ya to cheatin on her,it will hurt but you deserve better than that,ive learned i am first never be second string .since i did i found my soulmate,n so can you.

90dayfiance
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 7:06 pm #79151

Don’t be carried of what you feel today you might suffer at the end from trusting a guy you just met for a while.

May 17, 2015 at 4:28 pm #79168

move on to a real man!