DATING ADVICE FORUM

How much texting is too much texting?

Author
    Comments

• BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 5:49 pm #132091
    How much texting is too much texting?

So I’ve been dating this girl that I really like, we go out about once a week, but lately we’ve been texting a lot more than that. Almost always she starts the conversation, not because I don’t want to, but because she always beats me to the first message. I’m not sure how much I should be texting her, because I know that sometimes I have a tendency of over texting girls, but at the same time, if I don’t ever start the conversations, she’s gonna think I’m not interested. We didn’t talk yesterday, but we did the day before, and the went out the day before (I met her friends for the first time, if that’s of any relevance) and we texted the day before that, and the day before that. And some of these are lengthy conversations that go on all day. I don’t want her to think that I expect that all the time, but I want her to know that I’m interested. Should I text her soon?

Zoe
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 6:50 pm #132096

I think your best option in this situation is to balance things out.
    This is what I mean: if you’re having a hard time texting first, don’t panic. Slowly ease into being the one to start conversations – if you really think you are being a nuisance, don’t be the one to text first all the time. Let her do some of the work as well! Lengthy conversations is a huge sign that you are interested, and that she is also interested if she participates in doing so.
    If you hardly text first, maybe now is the time. To answer your question, yes, you should text her soon.
    Sidebar…. trust me when I say this, what you think is annoying to other people probably isn’t annoying to them… at all. You shouldn’t worry too much about that!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 7:51 pm #132100

Do you think I should do it today/tonight, or wait until tomorrow?

Zoe
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 8:13 pm #132103

If you haven’t texted her much recently, perhaps contacting her now instead of waiting would be a good idea.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 1:43 pm #132227

the general rule here is always … LESS is more! If you’re going to faulter on one side.. faulter on texting less than too much.
    Besides.. it doens’t sound like you have to worry about it – she’s got no problems initiating and texting you and a lOT. So you’re really worrying over nothign here. She doesn’t seem to mind or worry or assume youre not interested if you haven’t texted yet right? So why “fix a problem” that isn’t actually there yet?

I htink you’re over-thinking this on your own and listening to your head – then paying attention to see what’s going on. ALWAYS pay attention to what’s goin gon and do things based off THAT…. not what’s in your head.

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 3:32 pm #132254

They actually beat me to it again last night, and then she said good morning today. So yeah, maybe it’s not such an issue. Honestly I’m just not used to girls being this into me.

Lilly82
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 4:12 pm #132259

I am currently stressed out about a guy not texting me enough! Sometimes girls will think you’re not into them if you don’t take the initiative first…so don’t overdo it, but make her feel like you’re thinking about her too.

toffee1878
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 8:21 am #132442

24/7 is way too much, I did it for 3 months and still nothing came of it

morescarben4
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 9:08 am #132449

You have to do some breaks… No one can stand texting 24/7 😛

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 12:15 pm #132550
    Reply To: How much texting is too much texting?

I agree. I’m gonna be busy this week, and I may use it as an excuse for not being able to text as much. I really like her, and I’m flattered by the persistence, but I fear that spending too much time texting each other might kill the spark.

Lonelyman23
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 4:16 pm #132620

Good rule is 1 text for every text she has maybe a couple more

SwindonChap
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 1:46 pm #132665

I’d go with lonelyman, it’s easy to overdo it, in both directions. Gauge her by how much she texts you, it’s more important to some people.