how often to check messages

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gatasucia
    Participant
    December 10, 2016 at 11:32 pm #119699

I’ve been exchanging messages with someone a few days. But the last three days I’ve been a little busy with life and by the time I have free time for myself, I’m pretty tired and can’t be bothered to login to my online dating account.
    I start getting tons of messages in my inbox as soon as I log in and it is exhausting going through them all.
    Does it matter that I dont check in for a few days? I think the site shows my activity and my last log in.

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    December 11, 2016 at 10:27 pm #119718

As a guy, seeing that a girl that I’ve been talking to has been online but hasn’t said anything wouldn’t bother me unless I sent you a message and you never responded. Then I would assume you’re ignoring me, but even then that’s a little paranoid. So basically don’t worry about it. People have lives. If he can’t accept that you can’t sit down and have lengthy discussions on a dating app every night, then he’s probably overly needy. Don’t worry about it. Unless, again, he’s sent you a message and you haven’t responded. Then get back to him.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 13, 2016 at 11:33 am #119959

Don’t worry about it!

Everyone can understand that someone has a busy life and that every now and then you missed a couple of messages in your online dating profile. What I would suggest is to keep track of those conversations with people you do like!

Anonymous
    December 14, 2016 at 7:31 am #120065

I usually check messages 2 times a day and more often in case I am activelly texting with someone ( usually at http://www.asiandate.com/ ). When someone missed my message, I never minded. But I’ve been ever blocked by a user for a couple of times when I didn’t reply on time, lol.