How should I approach a girl, being a submissive male?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Shyguy
    Participant
    December 16, 2013 at 9:16 pm #44683

I’ve always been a bit timid and tended to prefer letting others make decisions in relationships. Granted I only had one, and I was forced to be the one who “wears the pants” in it, but that is how I actually figured out I prefer to be the submissive (for lack of a better word) in the relationship. I am not the “wears the pants in the couple” kind of guy. I don’t like asking girls out because most of the time I’ve been turned down, and to top it off I’m nervous when it comes to that in general.

Any tips on how to approach a girl or how to figure out what kind of a girl somebody is? Dominant women don’t seem to be all too common, and often times the ones that are dominant, so to speak, can end up being utterly controlling and a little nutty, which makes it harder on me.

Anybody with some advice on how I can work this situation out? It’s been bugging me for a long time.