How should I approach her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 7:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Avalanche
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 5:10 pm #131672

Help me with the approaching!

Hi guys, I need your help with this one. There is girl in my college, we dont have any classes together. When I see her, I always catch her looking at me. Now I want to approach her, but I just dont know how. Sometimes we meet on the corridor, or we travel in the elevator, but we dont say hello, since we barely know each other.
    She is beautiful and confident, and I just dont want to mess anything up if I approach her. I was advised to initiate a talk, to comment on some random stuff or just to ask something, but for me it is wierd, and the situation is also not comfortable to ask something just from all the sudden. I have no idea what to say, how to initiate anything, in order not to make myself look like a psycho yet to get closer to her.
    What do you say guys, girls?

Dragonroll
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 6:48 pm #131680

if she’s confident, you can let her do all the work. We ladies love talking if you get us going on a topic we’re passionate about. The thing is, if you’re shy or awkward but you pretend to be one of the confident ones, it usually backfires. You have to let her know you’re shy and trying to start up a conversation, but you can’t take yourself too serious. For example, you see her in the elevator and say “marvel movies, ice cream, and jenga” and she’ll be like “what?” and you say “That’s my awkward way of starting up conversation with you… I enjoy marvel movies, ice cream and jenga. Your turn” and then add follow up questions on at least one of her interests cuz you’re both into it or it’s something new to you or that surprised you about her. Or “Hey could I get your opinion on something? there’s this girl in my class named You and she seems pretty cool but i’m shy when it comes to meeting new people… how should I go about starting a conversation with her slash you?” *boyish smile*

petrwohanka
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 5:12 am #132440

Don’t be afraid and go for it. Good luck to you.

dolly
    Participant
    April 8, 2017 at 12:58 am #132639

Does she participate in any clubs or activities? You can mention something about that the next time you guys are close to each other and it will start up a casual conversation