How should I do this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How should I do this?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

WolfOG
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 5:22 pm #101106
    How should I do this?

Alright, so around 3-4 months ago I added this girl from my grade on Snapchat (her name was on her Instagram). We didn’t know each other very well at that point and were really just acquaintances. She snapchatted me first and it developed into a 2-3 hour conversation, and we ended up becoming pretty good friends. We currently have a 90 day streak and the two pink hearts that signify being #1 best friends with each other for over two months. We are always snapchatting and have texted until around 1 in the morning on Facebook Messenger more than a few times. She always seems to initiate conversations and we have never really gotten into an argument, and things have just gone really smoothly. However, in ‘real’ life, it’s kinda weird. We have one class together and we usually walk out of class together, but our exchanges, although very friendly and fun, seem a bit awkward, and that’s the only time we see each other and spend time together in school. A month or two ago I began to like her.

WolfOG
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 5:27 pm #101108

So a couple of weeks ago, I realized that I needed to do something about the feelings that I had developed for her. My friends knew that I liked her. One day they told me that the girl and her friend had been talking about me in their gym class, and she had seemed shy about it–in a way that seemed like she liked me. Then, my friend asked the girl that she was talking to what they were talking about, and she said it had something to do with the girl and me. He asked her if she liked me, because I would not ask her out if I didn’t know that she liked me back for sure, and she said she would ask her. Later she texted him saying that she did like me and would say yes if I asked her out. So at this point, I like her and I am pretty sure she likes me, but I really have no idea how to go about asking her out. I feel like there isn’t really a convenient time to do it in school with how much we see each other, and I really want to do it over text, but feel like that would make me look bad.

kaze
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 5:09 pm #102165

Why not just ask if she wants to catch a movie on the weekend while you’re walking out of class together one day, if she says yes then hold her hand at the movie/random fun activity 🙂 you guys don’t need a date to get to know each other, you already chat all the time so a movie is a good choice.