How should I go about asking out this girl at work?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

user404
    Participant
    May 26, 2014 at 3:41 pm #53743

So there is this girl at work that I like. We are both quite shy. I had planned to get to know her better first, then find a way to ask her out, but I just found out that she is quitting in a week. So my time is short now. The problem is, we both work in different departments and I don’t get many chances to talk to her. The few times I have talked to her she seemed to like me, since she always smiled and laughed when I would talk. I am friends with someone who works with her often, so would it be bad for me to ask this person if she likes me? I don’t want to make it awkward. I thought about maybe just going on one of the last days we work together and saying something like “Hey, I’m sorry to see you leave. Too bad we couldn’t get to know each other better. Would you like my number so that we can keep in touch?” What would you all recommend I do?

burningquestion
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 5:16 pm #53867

Do not involve co workers, keep your love life away from work. Just approach her and do like you said, hey I’m sorry your leaving how about if we exchange numbers and get together sometime? Then its up to her. If she responds great, otherwise, look for another nice girl.