How should I go about this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Leevo
    Leevo
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 7:04 pm #93404

Im 19, nearly 20. She is 18. We work at the same grocery store, we are both cashiers. Problem is, due to her school, she works like two days a week, usually the days I don’t. We have only talked very briefly once. I want to talk to her more but it is difficult due to our schedules. How can I talk to her more and ask her out? I was going to stop in the next time she works to make brief conversation as I bought something from her line. Should I just go for it and ask her out? Thought about asking for her number but someone told me that wouldn’t be a good time…

I also thought maybe after Saturday, I could just message her on Facebook with something along the lines of “Hey, would you like to hang out sometime? I would ask you in person but our schedules seem to make it impossible” any help with this? What should I do here, I really don’t see many options here because of our schedules…

ObserverDoel
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 8:53 pm #93406

Since you have the opportunity of talking to her in real life, I’d go for that, I know this is going to sound classic but just go to her and tell her something along the lines of “I’ve seen you here, you’ve piqued my interest and I’d like to go out with you” try not to sound like a douche, be modest but not submissive, meaning, you shouldn’t add anything along the lines of “blah bah blah go out with you -if you want” Be prepared for both situations, if she says yes, you should have a day and time picked out already and if she cant have another one, if she says no, try to keep your cool.
    I might be not be the best advice-giver for these things but being straightforward and polite should be enough imo.

Leevo
    Leevo
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 9:32 pm #93411

Since you have the opportunity of talking to her in real life, I’d go for that, I know this is going to sound classic but just go to her and tell her something along the lines of “I’ve seen you here, you’ve piqued my interest and I’d like to go out with you” try not to sound like a douche, be modest but not submissive, meaning, you shouldn’t add anything along the lines of “blah bah blah go out with you -if you want” Be prepared for both situations, if she says yes, you should have a day and time picked out already and if she cant have another one, if she says no, try to keep your cool.
    I might be not be the best advice-giver for these things but being straightforward and polite should be enough imo.

I hear you. I didn’t think doing it at work would be a good idea though, kind of puts her on the spot. Even if I am not working that day… Thoughts?

REDRIDER
    Participant
    February 12, 2016 at 12:27 am #93419

Asking out co-workers is never good idea…period…..

Leevo
    Leevo
    Participant
    February 12, 2016 at 9:34 am #93412

Seeing as that is the only time I see her in person…

ObserverDoel
    Participant
    February 12, 2016 at 9:34 am #93418

Well, I guess, if you can find her somewhere besides work and the internet that would be ideal, if not, break time?

Participant
    February 13, 2016 at 1:16 pm #93509

Go for it.