how should I handle this?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 3:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jj91
    Participant
    April 15, 2017 at 3:59 pm #133365

Hi everyone, I feel kind of stupid overthinking this, but you know how people get when you find someone you connect with.

I started talking to this guy about a month ago on a dating website. I didn’t think much of him at the time. The first time we met, there was an instant connection. Words can’t even express how perfect it felt. Before we met we texted, but not very much. After our first date, I expected a text and nothing, so I texted him with a hows the weekend going? the response I got was very brief. We did set up a second meeting just 5 days after our initial meeting and still the chemistry was there and it felt right. He opened up to me about some personal things and he’s had a recent unexpected death in the family. We have met a total of three times now and our texts are always to set up plans and I feel like I am alway initiating. My concern is, is he interested if he’s not the one initiating the text? When I initiate the text he does ask to get together.

selfmatch
    selfmatch
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 11:46 pm #133404

Easy-peasy…Be assertive in your approach to dating. Ask him if he wants to self-match (explore how compatible you are). If he is not interested in doing it, he is not interested in you. Drop him! If he agrees, then 1) he is definitely interested in you, 2) you can find out much more about what you have in common and if you can compromise on your differences, 3) it’ll boost your communication
    Remember, chemistry is important but it has to be based on compatibility; otherwise, your relationship will eventually fail.
    Oh yes, use http://www.self-match.com to self-match 🙂

Anonymous
    April 17, 2017 at 12:08 am #133408

I think he has to open up bit more. It is a matter of a relationship. Better research on this guy and then take a decision

Remjos
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 10:04 am #133443

Lol selfmatch, don’t do that bs. The best way is to take it slow and every now and then hear up on him. Usually girls do the waiting and getting the texts and attention. If a guy doesn’t like your attention, especially when you are not needy. Then move on asap. He is either a douche or he’s not interested.