How should I proceed?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How should I proceed?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Melanie B
    Participant
    March 4, 2017 at 10:55 pm #129086
    How should I proceed?

There is a guy at work that wanted to go on a date with me and asked me constantly when I was free. I mentioned to him that I was married and that he should not talk to me. I’m in an unhappy marriage. Caught my husband cheating on me multiple times over the last couple of years. So after a couple of weeks of texting back and fourth with this guy, we meetup and make out intensely. We both briefly texted the night of. I texted him after a couple of days asking him if he was free to meetup again but got no response. We ended it on good terms but now he is missing. It’s been a couple of days. No text back after two I sent. I avoid him at work. I don’t wanna text again in fear of looking needy. Maybe he realized he really shouldn’t be talking to me? Maybe it’s a blessing he’s not? I just can’t stop thinking of him. He occupies my mind a lot.

Antoinette
    Participant
    March 6, 2017 at 11:18 pm #129221

Hi,
    I think you should first get out of that unhappy marriage. As long as you stay in a relationship where trust is broken, you’re going to be unhappy. Even if you have to move back in with your parents, do it. You have to get out from under that cloud and clear your head and give your heart a chance to heal. Tune in to who you are and what’s important to you.

Forget work dude. You don’t want a man who’s willing to cheat with you because at some point he’ll probably cheat ON you. If he’s feeling bad about what happened, then he may be a good guy and be happy when you finally break free of your cheating husband. Focus on you and the good guys will come — maybe even work dude.

Best,
    Antoinette

Melanie B
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 11:21 am #129255

Hi Antoinette,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 4:10 pm #129332

yeah. agreed with Antoinette. obviously ou are unhappy in your marriage to the point you’l be with another man on a whim. So.. take care of your marriage first (aka divorce). That is your focus for now. Once you’re clear of that and settled in again and give a little grieving time for the divorce.. THEN you can slowly start up dating and seeing men again.

Realize that you are probably on rebound and thus will link up with men you normally wouldn’t – be WARY of this and don’t take anything too seriously witth men until after the divorce and again some mourning time afterwards.

sorry to hear all this happened. this is also a HUGE reason to not date within the work pool – when things go bad you don’t want it affecting your work and job and career.

Melanie B
    Participant
    March 8, 2017 at 3:26 pm #129484

Thank you Richiro for your reply. It’s true what you say. It’s just sad when there are kids involved. I think that’s why I’ve been so hesitant on taking care of “things”. I think you’re right on about being on rebound. I’m just looking for a way out. I’ve got to get my life sorted first and try to stay out of trouble.

Melanie B
    Participant
    March 27, 2017 at 12:01 pm #131244

Okay, so now I’ve made my own bed. Work dude and I slept together and now he hasn’t called me in over a week. It’s not like I expected him too. I was fully aware what would happen given his previous habits. I have never been like this my whole life. Sleeping randomly with a guy I barely know is really out of character for me. I really have to get my life back together. Just goes to show you how unhappy I am and am willing to be with a man for momentary affection. I’m going to start looking into a divorce and try to get my life back on track. I also want to text or see work dude but am doing all i can to restrain myself for I know he’s just not into me.