How should I start this interaction?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bnme90
    bnme90
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 2:36 pm #105029

There is a girl who lives several houses down from me, and she seemed to show interest in me. Whenever I would go out for a walk, she’d purposely try and walk in my direction. Once, we even locked eyes for a minute or so as she drove by, and I could tell she was checking me out. Problem is, I didn’t act upon it then, and I’m left wondering if I still have a chance with her now.

Since she doesn’t seem to make much of an effort anymore, my question is, would you guys still go for it? If so, how do I initiate any sort of interaction with her? And if we happen to bump into each other, what should I say? Thanks in advance.

blackdating1
    Participant
    July 13, 2016 at 2:31 pm #105129

People always like compliments. Considering you don’t have a dialogue yet and you occasionally lock eyes it would not be so unusual to make a passing comment such as ‘nice hair’ or ‘nice jacket’. It’s quick simple doesn’t necessarily even require a response and it’s something you could say to a stranger. At least then you have broken the ice and then on the second encounter maybe you can talk a bit more.

lilhoodie4321
    Participant
    July 13, 2016 at 6:51 pm #105161

I would send her flowers with a note asking her out .. Romantic 🙂

pokemon2694
    Participant
    July 14, 2016 at 1:26 am #105167

The first thing I would do, is to make sure she knows you are a neighbor. It is extremely important that she is able to recognize you, even if you guys have never exchanged words (Like how you are able to recognize the newspaper boy or the secretary at the front of your family doctor). As for talking to her, try something she could relate too. Make a comment about the recent cold weather or the pin of a sports team on her bag. You will be able to tell if she replies politely and then looks away, or if she responds by trying to make a conversation.

Good Luck!