how should i tell her I'm only interested in her romantically?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rnatk7
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:16 pm #85164

So this girl I’ve known for a few months is dropping these hints she likes me and all this junk, but everytime I ask her to hang out, she seems to blow me off. She seems to think I realize this, and repeatedly asserts shes not tryinh to blow me off but has a busy schedule. She never texts me back, but she tells me to text her every time I see her at work when I leave, I see her at work once a week. she hugs me every time I leave, and she says things like, I’m glad you like those drinks so you get to come in and see me. I’ve never reall came across as insecure or nervous around her, but she does pressure me into buying candy and stuffed animals for her. I just don’t know if she likes me as more than a friend or not. I saw her at school in college one day, and we talked for an hour, then I walked her to her next class, then we said bye. She was talking about how the guy next to us had good cologne on, and she said she’d date a guy that wore that. I told her I had some. This biggest thin

rnatk7
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:17 pm #85165

the biggest thing is how do I put my foot down without being mean, and driving her away. Thanks

Avey Wilde
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:50 pm #85167

If you truly care for her and wish to develop a relationship with her, you are required to confront her about the status of your friendship. Discuss all of the signals that you have been receiving from her along with ask her what she anticipates from her friendship with you. If you are only interested in her romantically, you may not be prepared to enter a relationship with her until you are able to connect with her emotionally along with romantically.
    Perhaps this girl is providing you with conflicting signals since she truly possesses a busy schedule or since she is not prepared for a relationship, yet wishes to use her friendship with you to determine how you would be as a partner and whether she is prepared for a relationship.
    Regardless of what you may believe, if you do not wish to remain in an ambiguous friendship, confront her about her intentions. If she is not prepared for a relationship, you possess several options. You are able to either wait until she is prepared to

Avey Wilde
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:55 pm #85168

develop a relationship and remain as her friend as you wait, or discontinue your friendship with her if you discern no purpose from any relationship with this girl other than to satisfy your romantic needs. If you do not feel prepared for a relationship, (which is something which I encourage you to consider seriously prior to confronting your friend), either remain friends with this girl or discontinue your friendship. If your friendship does not feature an emotional connection, yet merely a romantic one, it may not be a healthy friendship.

Anonymous
    September 6, 2015 at 9:32 am #85172

The best advice I ever got was be yourself, do what you think is best because its only worth it if she likes the real you. If she is interested and is the right person then there’s no wrong answer.