How soon can I ask him for a date (soon running out of time)?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Naomi
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 6:48 pm #147107

I posted another thread here about the same guy, but the situation has changed so I wanted to create a new one. Long story short, I have a crush on a guy who’s leaving town in ten days… We have been small talking and flirting all summer, but due to my work situation (i’m a shop assistant and he’s a customer) things have been difficult. So I was out walking the other day, and he was out driving and stopped the car to say hi. We ended up talking for quite some time, but then he had to leave because he was working. Before we parted ways, he asked if I had facebook, and I got his name so I could add him. I mustered up the courage to ask him if he would like go for a hike one day, and he replied that he would, and said “just let me know when you’re free”. To not act too desperate, I waited to add him until next day, and he immediately accepted. Neither of us has written anything to the other one yet. Btw, his relationship staus doesn’t show (hopefully means he’s single?). Continues..

Naomi
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 6:49 pm #147108

So, how soon can I ask him to join me for that hike? Normally, I would happily play it cool and wait for a few days, but that doesn’t really work, as he’s leaving soon. I don’t want to wait until the last couple of days, in case we have a good time. I was wondering if I could ask him to join me for a little walk tomorrow after I’ve finished my shift. Is it best to ask in the morning or to just send him a message spontaneously? And is it odd to ask him on a Saturday evening? Ideally, day time would be better and more casual, but we’re both working all the time. Please, your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!!

DarthVader
    DarthVader
    Participant
    September 6, 2017 at 8:47 am #148117

The quicker the better. And in any place.

Waiting is just a waste of time.